Question about motherboard PCI compatability

I have been thinking ahead about my computer and I have a few questions. I want to get an Asus 280x Matrix and an Avermedia Live Gamer HD. After installing the Matrix the only usable PCI 1x will be above the graphics card. The Matrix has a backplate on it so I am worried there will not be enough room for the Live Gamer HD. If anyone of you guys has a GPU with a backplate I would just like to know if there would be enought room above it to install a very slim PCI card. I am thinking that I will just have to put it in the second 8x slot or the 4x slot. I am using the Asus p8z77 v lk. 

Would help if you put the specs of your rig in.

Asus p8z77 v-lk

you can install that Aver media card in one of the other pci-e X16 slots no problem.

i would say trow it in the X4 slot. ☺

Yes it would be out of the way of everything. It's on the bottom of my upgrade list though.

Unless you need to put something else there, go for the bottom black one labeled PCIeX16_3. You might also want to run it in x4 mode, even if you don't need to. You won't be using the the one directly below the graphics card anyways.

** The PCIe x16_3 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIe x1_2 slot. The default setting is x2 mode. Go to BIOS setup to change the settings.

Also, check out page 9, 22, and 84 of the manual for more information. 
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8Z77-V_LK/E8534_P8Z77-V_LK.pdf