Question about ICY BOX Thunderbolt 3 doc and three external monitors on Linux (Pop_OS! 19.04 and 19.10)

I’ve been trying to get my Dell XPS 15 9560 to play nicely with this thunderbolt 3 doc (https://www.amazon.com/Thunderbolt-Notebook-Docking-DisplayPort-Delivery/dp/B07Q6B29S9/) connected to three external monitors via two KVMs (one for 2 side monitors, 1 for the main monitor). This may not be possible on Linux, but the spec sheet specifically mentions that it supports up to three monitors (when the laptop lid is closed) via several different display output configurations on Windows, so I was hoping that I would be able to get that to work as well. Unfortunately, I have only been able to get two of the connected displays to work at any given time, with and without the laptop lid closed. Interestingly, the spec sheet does mention that macOS only supports two external monitors, so perhaps that is related? Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone else happens to have any experience with this hardware, or something similar, and managed to get an XPS 15 working with three external displays (aside from using an eGPU doc or resorting to DisplayLink)?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.