Quakecon 2017 - L1 Techs Group - IT'S HAPPENING!

Official Registration Page

(there may or may not be a countdown timer at this point)

QuakeCon 2017

August 24–27
Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center
1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051

Official info here
http://www.quakecon.org/blog/2017/01/26/quakecon-2017-dates-and-venue-announced/

Preregistration Dates Announced!

http://www.quakecon.org/blog/2017/03/13/quakecon-2017-byoc-pre-registration-details/

Thursday, March 30th at 7pm CT/8pm ET: Round 1 | BYOC Select-a-Seat with UAC Executive VIP Experience

$400 (Limit of 32 packages available)
Select and reserve a guaranteed seat of your choice in the BYOC
VIP seating upgrade
Personalized, engraved, illuminated QuakeCon 2017 UAC badge and lanyard
Express lane fast-pass registration for the BYOC
Express lane fast-pass to every presentation and public event at QuakeCon
Limited reserved access seating for all presentationsand events
New for 2017! Membership in our QuakeCon UAC Acolyte program, which includes access to register for next year’s UAC experience before open online registration begins
New for 2017! Access to new UAC Executive Lounge in the heart of the QuakeCon BYOC, featuring meet-and-greet and signing events with developers.
New for 2017! Upgrade a QuakeCon attendee registration to join as a +1 for all express-lane and limited access events.

Thursday, April 6th at 7pm CT/8pm ET: Round 2 | BYOC Select-a-Seat with QuakeCon done Quick

$150 (Limit of 300 packages available)
Official QuakeCon 2017 QdQ lanyard with BYOC badge
Express lane fast-pass registration for the BYOC
Express lane fast-pass to every presentation and public event at QuakeCon
Limited reserved access seating for all presentations and events

Thursday, April 13th at 7pm CT/8pm ET: Round 3 | BYOC Select-a-Seat

$50 (Limited number of packages available)
Official QuakeCon 2017 lanyard and BYOC badge
Access to presentations and events
New for 2017! Access to the new and extensive BYOC competition programming with more details to come

Thursday, March 24th at 7pm CT/8pm ET: Round 4 | General Attendee Pre-Registration

FREE (Unlimited)
QuakeCon 2017 wristband
Accelerated on-site registration
Access to presentations and events
While general attendance remains free, attendees wishing to participate in the QuakeCon 2017 BYOC must pre-purchase one of the ‘BYOC Select-a-Seat’ packages through our online registration site to guarantee a spot in the BYOC. As ‘BYOC Select-a-Seat’ packages are limited and all seats will be accounted for prior to the show, we won’t have seats available on-site or on a first-come-first serve basis.

Obviously we’ve got a new coat of paint on us since the last quakecon. We’re gonna need a new banner. Don’t you worry about that… :wink: I got that covered.

@wendell @pgpryan @kreestuh
You guys… I know coming to quakcon is probably out of the question, but… if by some chance you did… well… that’d be cool lol.

If you wanna see what quakecon is like, there are tons of videos out there. This one is nice.

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/quakecon-2015-tek-syndicate-group/75789/470?source_topic_id=112349
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/quakecon-2016-tek-syndicate-group/85081?source_topic_id=112349

15 Likes

I'll think about it.... ;)

1 Like

Is there gonna be a Crit TV tent and a LV1 tent next to each other?

4 Likes

I hope I can make it this year!!! Plus it is right after my birthday :D so yea...

Anyways, what games should we have ready to play?

Also, anyone looking to split a hotel room, or an AirBNB?

3 Likes

If I can get rid of my $6000+ in debt by then I will be there. Just wish me luck at the blackjack table as I start playing on Feb. 18 or so when my self ban is lifted. LOL!

1 Like

6 Likes

Gonna try to make it there even if it is just for sat/sun

When I came in 2014 I had a good time.

4 Likes

Qain will be inbetween. Duh!

1 Like

Uhhhhh

On the real I have always wanted to go, guess I'll start saving and see if time will allow

1 Like

This might be a good bit of fun. I'll see what I can do :)

11 Likes
10 Likes

About how much are tickets @imaximus?

Iirc there's tiers, just looking for rough estimate. Was thinking round $150-200? That about right?

No word yet on pricing, but in previous years there have been multiple waves/tiers or whatever you wanna call'em. The 1st wave is usually MEGA expensive VIP seats, like $500ish. The 2nd-3rd waves are usually semi-VIPish and are around $150-200ish, but the bulk of the tickets are sold last and usually in the $50-75 range. Take ALL this info with huge grains of salt however, as NO INFO regarding tickets sales/prices have been released yet.

2 Likes

Protip: If you THINK you are going to go, jump on a ticket the moment it drops because they go FASTTTTT!!! Then if you end up not being able to go try selling here on the forums (since they will be sitting with us anyways), If not I am sure one of us could find someone to buy the ticket.

2 Likes

Still no dates for preregistration, but I'm sure it's coming soon! Keep your eyes open!

Not really Quakecon news, but this happened today. Congrats Tim! I got to meet him at the very end of Quakecon last year. Really cool guy. You can tell he's putting his heart into Quake Champions and that makes me excited!

Also... in case my opinion wasn't already obvious... the imaximusmobile will no longer be representing former youtube channels at Quakecon, or anywhere else for that matter. #IFeelSoCleanNow

4 Likes

Was badass while it lasted

1 Like

I am planning on making it to this years Quakecon... and i have a modder that i know who is really good working on a mod of this old case:

It will be AMD and Red Team Plus themed when finished.

Now hopefully I can get everything together to go there and possibly enter the mod competition as well :D

5 Likes

http://www.quakecon.org/blog/2017/03/13/quakecon-2017-byoc-pre-registration-details/

YES!!!

hopefully they upload a picture of the map soon and we can start picking where we will be sitting.

2 Likes

Updated OP!

For those of us looking to go this year, looks like there will be slightly fewer seats this time around. No number given, but they did use the word "slightly"

http://www.quakecon.org/blog/2017/03/13/quakecon-update-a-seismic-shift-for-quakecon-2017/

2 Likes

Maybe look into getting a corner seat so people will notice your computer more easily plus won't crowd the row we sit in :P. Good luck on the modification and let us know how it is going.

1 Like