Quakecon 2017 - L1 Techs Group - IT'S HAPPENING!

Just in case nobody got the e-mail from QuakeCon, this year the No Ethernet Cable policy has been lifted. I was informed that I would need to bring a cable at least 35 feet long so I’m guessing they aren’t using table switches like they have in the past. Might be a good idea to source a 50-ft line if you need one. :wink:

1 Like

neat

now I have to bring a 50 foot cable…

1 Like

Dare you to go wireless

nah bruh, powerline mustard race

1 Like

I’ll probably bring a few 50 footers with me, or we can have someone local bring a few cables

1 Like

Was thinking on Friday night if there was anywhere the group would like to go to have a bite to eat nearby?

3 Likes

Should probably find out how many folks are minors to avoid choosing a bar unless everyone can get in

That is why I was thinking restaurant. Everyone can go.

2 Likes

Nevermind. Unfortunately got a gig in Missouri for the exact date range of quakecon. : /

Might make it for the first half day, but unlikely. Dang press pass wasted.

Attention!!!

below is your weather forecast for the Dallas area from now til after Quakecon. Note there appears to be some possible rain, so protect dem PCs! Looks like it may not be as hot as previous years, but the humidity is going to be up, and so will the heat index. Count on it feeling VERY hot outside if you plan on spending time outdoors.

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/tx/dallas?MR=1

Also, the official Quakecon 2017 schedule is out and can be found here…
http://www.quakecon.org/blog/2017/08/22/quakecon-2017-official-schedule-of-events/

As expected, the event as a whole appears to have been scaled down compared to previous years. Where we used to have quiet a few panels to go to and see, it appears there will not be any this year except for Master Pancake. That said, there will still be a main stage in the exhibit hall with lots of things happening and constant streaming on twitch. Bethesda/Id have said however that they plan for Quakecon 2018 to be the biggest Quakecon ever.

I know I’ve been pretty quiet lately. Lots of things happening IRL at the moment. Unfortunately I was not able to get a banner made in time, so I apologize for that. But on the plus side… more table space! Remember that they may allow BYOC attendees to check in early Wednesday evening, but it’s not guaranteed. Keep your eyes on the Quakecon Forums and subreddit to find out more. I plan on being there for that if possible.

See you all soon!

2 Likes

It’s still a 3ft wide space right?

Just bring your own Ethernet cable?

personal remind - A5-21

Man… Last time I went to quakecon… Quake III was the only game to we played. Well hell if y’all are gonna come over and play maybe I’ll drive ten minutes :wink:

I am looking forward to next year at quakecon to be able to bring some more people and the possibility to actually claim a row/area for all L1T antendees. I plan to get the quake done quick this time because that was a big clusterfuck with the registration shenanigans during the general BYOC. Next year we will have the best sign, A YUGE beautiful sign! It will be fucking gorgeous!

My seat is A5-19

Unfortunately I won’t be there until Friday, so as long as I have a spot within our group’s area in row A5 I don’t really care where I sit if people want to shuffle around.

1 Like

I’ve just received information that they are already accepting early drop offs for BYOC starting now! You can drop off your rig, and then around 10:30pm they will let you in to start playing!

Woo!

We won’t be there til later tonight, probably sometime after 8 pm.

apparently the master pancake movie is gonna be Terminator 2

Yea… I kinda don’t want to watch them poke fun at what is probably the most influential movie of my childhood. But it’s cool they picked T2. Appropriate choice.

1 Like

Is master pancake walk-in or are there tickets this year? I heard rumors

Tickets. They were doing ticket givaways in the Quakecon discord

lol woops

1 Like