Quake Champions Megathread

And the loot boxes, SOOO many loot boxes

Cosmetic loot boxes are fine imo
inb4 “but its gambling”

I thought they fixed it?

Seems fixed to me, haven’t had any major randomness happen in a while…

1 Like

does anyone else get frame rate issues? My fury peaks at 110 at low settings

quake champions in early acess; free until June 21 and champions pack sale

https://steamcommunity.com/id/BedHedd/recommended/611500
wrote a review on steam

The netcode is still abysmal. Instagib just shows it off really well, getting shot when getting into cover, getting killed after taking the teleporter etc. On top of that there are just not enough players… idk, they are going to have to pull a miracle for this game to gain traction.

1 Like

Which servers are you playing on? Because I have not encountered the netcode issues. I know I had ping issues, which was solved by switching to cities closer to me

Same choices as you.

1 Like

that’s unfortunate.
Hopefully it will get better for you

2 Likes

Truth, either remove it or make it not instakill

this^

Honestly wouldn’t mind keeping rangers ability though, can be pretty fun in instagib.

2 Likes

Haven’t played older versions, did gauntlet instakill?

Not to my knowledge, does a lot but pretty sure if you had armor stacked you could live…

1 Like

I only played a bit of Quake III on LAN with few friends, so pardon my ignorance, but I liked the abilities thing.

Separate game mode without abilities would be better, coz then you don’t remove something not-so-old-school players like.

1 Like

I agree, I think they should adopt what TF2 has, where you can have a preference for the game mode. The voting system should be like the TF2 where it shows up at the end of a round for map picks.

Or maybe have it like overwatch where you have quickplay(vanilla mode with random maps and objectives) and arcade(wacky maps or modes).

The current system seems to be that way because they “don’t want to divide the player base” but really I think it is failing at that. If you want to play instagib, but don’t want to play DM you are most likely to just leave before dm starts

1 Like

Do you get frame rate issues on corrupted keep? Have my graphics setting to low and I struggle to maintain 70fps on that map.

Found some fixes, will try them tomorrow