Quake: Champions - Beta Sign Ups Open!

bullshit, you paraphrased me into saying a contradictory statement. This wasn't your well intentioned manner of summarizing a long paragraph. It was you being an asshole.

We need the equivalent of a lounge Shepard here.

1 Like

yeah, i think i made the mistake of misjudging how salty the conversation would get if i agreed with the points being made.

2 Likes

Which claims do you have a problem with?

Yea, I'm just going to flag and ignore any post that isn't constructive to the thread topic from here on out. I'm so sick of people looking for reasons to get angry on the internet, especially within this community.

3 Likes

I like how instead of continuing with the conversation, you need to invent reasons why you think someone is salty and continue with that. You said difficult doesn't work in this day and age, and i showed Dark Souls, and instead of responding, you focus on my disapproving of you summarizing a paragraph I wrote into a contradictory statement.

you and Goblin have made 4 comments together doing nothing but looking for reasons to get angry. I made 1 comment prior to this one only about it. Who is derailing the conversation? He could of made one comment defending his summarization in a comment addressing my other point. He did not choose to do so.

like seriously? how is that constructive? It isn't. It's just you trying to bully me into submission.

i said that a new game in a series well known for having high-skilled players, only marketing to said high-skill players would yield a much smaller player base. i'm not bothered if a company chooses to do that, i'm pointing out that in current year, that would net a much smaller profit and thus be not make as much sense as aiming for a larger base.
i was agreeing with you that it sucks when it happens, but i'm not surprised when it does.

i'm not going to be responsible for you raging, so i'm out.

I didn't say it sucks when they aim for a larger base. I don't have problems with developers aiming for a larger base, almost every game developer for every game does it. The problem is, that i suspect that they will intentionally mislead people into thinking the game caters to them when it doesn't. As they have said it caters to old school fps and new school a like and i have yet to see a multiplayer FPS that does both. So i'm skeptical, especially of them trying to appease both in game mode and maps.

Get back on track maybe? Lol, funny guys...

ehhh I played it, but I was only still in Highschool and didn't play it much as the PC I had at the time didn't run it well. Plus shitty internet out in the country, plus I don't even remember what my screen name was lol. Was probably some variation of "MadMax" so if you saw a player with that in his name... HELLO AGAIN (maybe) lol. It wasn't until the browser based Quake Live came out that I put hundreds of hours into the game. And then they wiped the database and I lost all my stats NERD RAGE!

1 Like

I stopped in mid 2000's. I played back in the dreamcast era when so many migrations to pc was happening.

I did, but i was a shitty 13 year old and played shitty game modes and I don't even remember what my handle was. Magus maybe.

I would say Overwatch is a combination of Team Fortress and any MOBA.

I would argue that a game that caters to high-skilled players versus these games that have a "broader" appeal require a similar amount of effort. It's just the former is sheer skill, while the latter (if we use Overwatch or any MOBA as an example) rely on a combination of skill and theorycrafting. Personally, I prefer sheer skill, as I hate having to keep up with the constant buffs, nerfs, new champions, items, and reworks from patch to patch. Fucking annoying! And it feels like work after a while, because if you don't keep up with the changes, you fall behind, even if you're skilled. At least with skill, once you master something, it's most likely not going to change.

Remember any clan names? *DFC, iH, cfc

umm... i know a kid that lived down the street from my was in DNA. But i think that was later. I definitely wasn't following competitive back then. I always thought i was terrible at FPS because him and his brother would always trounce me when LANing, but then i went to college and and just completely destroyed everyone in my dorm at Urban Terror, i learned my previous sample size was too small to know how good i was.

Looks like we're also getting map trailers too!

Blood Covenant Arena

"While the Champions may be divisive, with fears that they could potentially take away from the core Quake experience that focuses purely on skill, I felt that the unique characters made a pretty minimal impact. The Champions’ abilities are more of an afterthought. It’s fun to experiment with your Champion’s offensive and defensive strategies, for sure. I enjoy being able to ghostwalk and blow up my enemies just as much as using the same skill to flee what would have otherwise been a losing fight. At the same time, though, this is still very much a game of scrambling for weapons upgrades and armor with twitchy skills.

If you’re looking for a hero shooter like Overwatch, you'll probably be disappointed. Each Champion is well designed, but they lack a distinct voice or personality. Unlike Blizzard's breakout FPS, where regular back-and-forth between Heroes subtly breathes life into the game, Quake’s Champions are silent vessels for you to perform some impressive gunslinging. Which is probably what hardcore Quake players prefer."

"Players can upgrade and customize armor appearance, vanity items, weapons, and more. These add-ons will come in Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Epic forms through a loot box-style system. These boxes will be earned by leveling up, purchased using in-game currency that is rewarded through conquests, or purchasing through the in-game store for money."

The upgrade part is what worries me. But hopefully it was a misunderstanding

I'm only a million percent certain that they are not dumb enough to do anything anywhere close to pay to win. But as for customizing appearances, I actually support that so long as it's quality stuff like completely difference modeling and art, and not just dumb alternate color schemes and decals.

1 Like