Quake: Champions - Beta Sign Ups Open!

I am sad now...
Cloneverwatch...
Why can't we have one successful game, without 15 trillion clones and copies and small deviations emurge from the ... everywhere? It happened to Minecraft, it is still happening with Skyrim damn it, everything is open world nowdays, World of Warcraft had it's legion of clones, DOTA and League have a lot of clone brushes, everybody is making card games to take some of that sweet Hearthstone pie, and now Overwatch... God damn it Bethesda... Stop following the leaders... Be a leader...

1 Like

I put many years into Q3, but can't say the same for Quake 1 or Quake 2. I maybe spent 2 weeks in Quake 2 MP before the person that had me playing Q2 switched to Q3 --- which meant so did I. Q3 was my first online gaming experience sans a few weeks of Q2.

I see no reason to make another twitch arena shooter, when (IMO) Q3 already has that perfectly covered. So I'm glad to see they're doing something new with Quake Champions.

I also understand them making this one MP focused/MP only when they just released Doom which campaign is the strong point. I dunno...

1 Like

Another great interview here.

This part stood out to me.

This is exactly the formula UT4 is sticking to.

By the way, UT99 was way better than Q3A

This is the problem I have "So you could pick a character that has some passive abilities, maybe one that’s a little faster, say, that fit with your play style." So in a CTF game mode why would you like to choose any other champion? I suppose they could disable abilities if you pick up the flag, however that would cause more instability in game balance.

SMD boosh

:)

If only there was a down vote option.

1 Like

Another great interview posted today. [7/11/16]

Speed looked on par with DOOM multiplayer which is not exactly ideal. And the wall hack they showed off in the trailer followed by calling the game "Pure FPS" and "Pure skill" yea no.

I'm still very weary about this game.

i don't think the reason why Quake has died out is because the graphics were poor or the lack of classes. And i am skeptical that they're actually going to provide something that is going to change the game that much. Really would love to see more game modes and maps revolve around 2v2 or 3v3 to try to get the ease of spectating and duels of 1v1 with the teamwork element present in 5v5.

Yea its troubling for sure. For a game that had people on an equal playing field and was purely based on map knowledge and aim, is now a game about countering which class the other team chose. I get they are trying to get this into an esport on par with Overwatch but ID does not exactly have a flawless record when it comes to trying knew things.

Which is nothing truly innovative as there were mods that used pickup class systems.

It's Overquake. There is nothing pure about this. RIP.

Movement looks kinda slow

Jeezus, you people are impossible to please. Game looks fantastic to me. And it is much faster than Doom 2016, no idea what makes you think it's the same speed.

Yes being critical of a franchise that We/I like is bad :/ Also from what they showed yes it does seem a bit on the slow side minus the one clip they showed "Pure speed". I mean does the built in wall hack not concern you?

Agree to disagree about speed. Looks fast. Maybe not quite as fast as Quake Arena/Live, but it's definitely faster than Doom.

It's an ability that lasts 2 seconds and is on a cool down timer like every other champion's ability. So no it does not concern me for that reason, but also because the game has been designed and play tested by 'id' and top quake players from around the world.

I'm just disappointed with the constant negativity surrounding both Doom and Quake Champions. Everyone I talked to at Quakecon seemed to think (both games) looked amazing, yet everyone here does nothing but bitch and complain that it isn't their perfect ideal version.

I'm not trying to say you can't have a different opinion, I just feel like most of you are way to god damn nit picky.

I try to keep my expectations low so if it ends up being a flop I won't feel to bad about it, and if it ends up being great then that's even better.

it sounds logical, but optimistic people fare better in life.

shitty quality, but it's something.