Quake: Champions - Beta Sign Ups Open!

I love the Quake franchise, and I'm 100% ok with this and I'm thrilled to have a new Quake! I think the move to class systems is a good way to add some depth to a game. If they went and re-released a Quake 2 or Quake 3 it would flop. I'm very pumped for this. Read this with the understanding that I'm probably considered a Quake fanboy.

1 Like

I have yet to play doom all the way, I thought the demo was lacking but I have played and watched more of the sp than it gave and was pretty happy. Very similar to the old school, shoot everything type of thing. Is it worth 60 bucks to me, no, and is there things I wish they did differently, yes. Now Similar is not the same, however I get it and in 2016 its the best AAA reboot I can think of being true to the original spirit of the IP.

To me QIIIA is still the pinnacle of arena fps. Give me that with the new engine and I am happy.
But everything must be class based, hero character, upgrade and leveling system bullshit these days...
I don't get it. And I won't buy an "Overquake".

RUN! JUMP! KILL SHIT! THATS QUAKE!

1 Like

classes = dead on arrival

God you people are unbearable sometimes. They have said approximately seven words about the game so far (s/) and you guys are shitting all over it.

If Quake 3 was just like Quake 2 we'd have no Quake 3. Games change and evolve over time. All of you know far less about the game than you think you do. I'm not saying you shouldn't speak up if you have reservations about it, just saying play it 1st before you decide you hate it and say things like "dead on arrival". That's highly arrogant.

I feel the same way about JJ Star Trek movies. I hate them, but I went and saw the movie 1st before I hated it.

1 Like

So you paid money for something you hate? ... Brilliant.
I like the "complain upfront" mentality better. Maybe it changes things.

oh my bad dawg... I guess just maybe wait until there is a tiny weeny bit more information about the game? You know... something more than a minute and a half long teaser trailer and two sentences worth of info?

You're not dumb, you know what I'm trying to say. I just wish everyone would just stop being so quick to hate something they know next to nothing about. It's a game...intended for fun and recreation. It's not going to rape your wife and call you Sally. People had the same reaction to Heath Ledger and Ben Affleck when casting was announced in their Batman movies... now considered to be the best part of each of those movies. Let's just wait a little while and see guys... that too much to ask?

<3 <3 <3

I know it will have classes. It is in the description of the video. I know I don't like that. Why should I not complain about that?
If you want to wait for the disaster to happen, do so. I don't want this to be the next Quake. So I bitch about it.

I am just going to say what I am this. They are ruining quake if they make it class based overwatch competitor.
Also, it looks like Doom. Visually it looks like doom. Quake is not doom. Don't ruin quake please...

I hope they're sorry about this. I'm offended.

2 Likes

i apologize on behalf of quake

2 Likes

I want Sarge to wear hooker boots! O_O

1 Like

they can suck q3arena ballz,
trailer sucked.

they should be making respawn of quake 2, not arena... i for once remember the salt with q3arena, that it was only mp, and bots...

I like 3. 3 is my standard FPS and theres a reason theres so many still-alive mods for it like Urban Terror. The mechanics are there, speed, timing, focus, aim.... Why change the formula? Add in new textures, update the netcode, add now weapons, make a better server browser, bam you're set.

Actually there is...
Wolfenstein - killing nazis...
Doom - killing demons...
Quake - class based hero shooter? Not really, no...

Actually read a good comment concerning this change in gameplay style. And its true. They are naming this "Quake Champions" this technically means it isn't Quake 5. None the less it is not what a lot of Quake fans want, and it has been a long time since we've seen a return to classic Quake. This could turn out to be a good game, but just not the game we know.

Also I think many share the same sentiment.

1 Like

I know this is ign... but some good info (not much) but they address a few things regarding the game.

Everyone needs to watch this interview with Tim.

1 Like

Well that is all fine and if they stand by that ... great.
But after that trailer I want to see gameplay. I won't trust any interview, any statement until I see what it is.

Sigh, really only confirms that they are just trying to compete with Overwatch. Let Overwatch be Overwatch and Quake be Quake. Just going to reiterate that this game looks like its going to be good, just not classic Quake.