Qemu/kvm problem

Hello,
I'm having issue with qemu reporting "missing cpu features" if i shutdown guest os and try to relaunch after some time (restart host fixes problem) (i checked with lscpu and features are beeing listed there).

Are the features enabled in your kernel config?

What kernel and distro are you running?

hmm am running Archlinux with 4.10.4-1
it's strange cuz it works normally, problem happens if i lets say turn on host > turn on guest .... >turn of guest .... 1hour later *or similar .... >try to turn guest on again and it reports "missing cpu features"

That is remarkable. kvm normally just uses the host's kernel, so it's not like the system changes, and the kernel can't change in Arch during a session, only OpenSuSE/SuSE and Ubuntu Server can do that.
Have you set any QEMU variables, like more cores than your processor actually has or something (which is perfectly possible with QEMU)?

no, am using 1socket 4cores 1thread
also i've tried to reload libvirt, didnt help
am normally using virt-manager, but i tested running from terminal with virsh, also didnt help same error happens
reboot host fixes it (since am using ssd it-s like 30sec so it aint too bad but am curious why it happens)

can cpu govenor affect it in any possible way? since am switching to ondemand+custom threshold after guest is started?

It's not normal though, maybe file a bug report with Arch. Haven't seen that ever before. It's kinda raising some degree of concern, so I would definitely bug report it.

1 Like