Putting the Radeon Pro WX7100 to Work: Testing (Part 1) | Level One Techs

Any chance of running a Test on Revit 2017

No one ever does it for any AMD products I want to see how it compares to the Nvidia/Intel Builds

So if you can get the OC'd Ryzen 1800x machine to run it too that would be amazing

See Link Below,

hi there, first off thanks for the review, it was very informative, detailed and also enterteining ^.^

the animation playback in the maya viewport around 6:30 on the video, looks a bit slow; may i suggest to go in to preferencesā€”>animationā€”>evaluation : select parallel mode and check the GPU override checkbox right below the mode.

it should speed up the animation playback, and use all the resources your gpu has to offer :slight_smile:

oh 1 more thing sorry, concerning single and double precision calculation : At the moment therā€™s NO render engine out there that uses double precison, not in graphic development, not in games, not in hollywood. All the engines out there, (iā€™m talking about CGI/imagery/games/renders) are using single precision. the double precision is limited to some engeneering/medical/financial-analysis software; all the rest is single precision. So iā€™m afraid the double precision capabilities of this card, wonā€™t translate in better performance in any 3D software. (both nvidia optiX based renders like octane or iRay AND amd pro-render are single precision)

To be fair: some double precision operations are present in some engines, but are limited to a very small part of the render process, double precision is just for a very small niche of users.

again, thanks for the review :slight_smile:

Cheers~!

1 Like

I also would like more resting in the same program + max, Marmoset, and Substance Designer.

Hi, Am I just not finding part II? Or is it still to come? Would love to see how this works compared to the wx 9100, then against the P4000 and P6000. With Max, Substance Painter and Designer, Marmoset, UE4. Cheers!

Also, I have a Titan X (first Pascal) and am thinking to switch to Quadro or Pro. I donā€™t game at all (though I wish I had some time for Dwarf Fortress!) How does the wx7100 and wx 9100 compare to the Titan for content creation? Would love to see more indepth analysis of the importance of double float precision.

This is a hard one to answer since benchmarks and tests are so scattered and often incomparable.
But the short of is that the Titan X (Pascal) GP102 is a much much faster and ofcourse more power hungry card than the WX7100.

The WX7100 is about a slow RX480.
While the WX9100 is a Vega 64 but with 16Gb of HBM2 Memory.

Also take into account that you are replying to a 6 months old thread :wink:

2 Likes

We have been working on this . Gave some work to an intern but didnā€™t get follow through but the revisit of this is still in the pipeline

2 Likes