PUBg keeps crashing lately

my spec:
i7 3770k OC 4.5Ghz stable
16gb OC 2200mhz stable kingston hyperX (2 x 8gb)
EVGA gtx 980 SC

PUBg has been crashing every 10 min since the last 3-4 days. maybe update? I doubt it’s the CPU or RAM cus they’ve been overclocked for well over a year and has good cooling… verified the game files as well… maybe i’ll reinstall and see what happens. (oh and i run it at very low and low for everything to get about 120-130 fps)
any suggestions appreciated!

Is it only pubg, have you tried running stress tests to see if its just the OC?

1 Like

just pubg… everything else runs smooth as eggs. and ya i run stress tests bi weekly so i know OC is very stable.

Anything of interest in the event log?

Are you running on the stable branch server or on the upcoming patch testing server?

Have you tried verifying the local game files via steam?

Have you updated drivers for your video card lately?

@mrpopo it appears he has verified the game files. The OP has an interesting name, right?

Sounds like a bug from the new update. Be sure to choose “send report” when the game crashes. Is the crash-report feature appearing for you?
When I get crashes it shows up. I never used to send it but 2 months ago I had the same issue as you. I ended up sending report a few times, but they fixed it not long after that so I assume a lot of people with the same system config were experiencing the same glitch. Could be the same case for you my great goosling.
Toodles.

Must have skimmed over that part. One less variable. Though i’ve found personally doing instead a full reinstall fixes things about 50% of the time.

PUBG is such an unpredictable game. It’s broken every other update and they update it so often nailing down your issue via looking it up isn’t a thing so hard to say. I’ve had specific games not like otherwise stable overclocks in the past so it couldn’t hurt to try turning them off for a match or two. I remember GTA 5 wouldn’t run with my OC at one point. Game specific instability does happen from time to time if they botch an update. The update could be causing graphics card specific issues as well etc etc. Hard to say. Try updating drivers?

never checked the log because it always crashed during squad game and i was always frantically trying to get back in the game lol

done that many times… and always clean install everytime.
conspiracy theory: maybe hardware companies are sponsoring the game devs to never optimize so people will upgrade to new hardware? dun dun dunnnnnn

2 Likes

Wow dude

1 Like

Please read the date before posting