Psycho_666 game project... again

I, @psycho_666 aka Pete will participate to the next Devember. My Devember will be to push back into my game dev efforts. I promise I will program for my Devember for at least an hour, every day of the next December. I will also write a daily public devlog and will make the produced code publicly available on the internet. No matter what, I will keep my promise. Or at least I will try.

Intro:
So here I am again with that game I have been making for a while…
I have been working on this back at the late 2000s when the game engine wasn’t optimized that much and did all the video rendering on the CPU and my Athlon X2 4800+ at the time dropped framerate like it was an Nvidia card with ray tracing on. When I hit 17FPS with 80% of the features missing I knew this won’t happen.
So I remade it in the newest version at the time of the engine and it was all fine until I lost all the game files and I had to rework it all over again.
So now I am pretty much where I was the last time around. I just remade everything in the easiest way to be able to just pile stuff on and keep track of what I have actually done.
For comparison, I now have something like 2700 FPS…

Past efforts:

The plan:
Well…
I have a nice mobile software, that allows me to keep track of what I’m doing and what I will have to do, add new goals and re-shuffle my schedule.
So I have made a nice 20 points schedule with different goals and milestones, thjat should carry me over the month.
My goal is to just train my brain to get used to work daily on something. It’s getting really easy for me to just skip a day and never come back to it.

So starting at december 1-st I will try to post an update on the progress I have made. It’s tedious and it’s just as usual programing variable setups and checks…
I won’t be releasing videos, but there may be some screenshots here and there as proof that I haven’t been lazying around.

For people who likes reading:
http://www.squidi.net/three/entry.php?id=29
http://www.squidi.net/three/entry.php?id=22
http://www.squidi.net/three/entry.php?id=32

C U back at 1-st…

14 Likes

Woot woot!

You go Pete!

2 Likes

And woot woot R U doing for #devember2k18?

1 Like

In

4 Likes

Nothing…

I’m no programmer bro. It’s not something that’s me. I don’t think that I would be able to get into something like that and stay motivated thru out the month.

1 Like

What do you like to do? We may have to make another challenge in a few months :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

General Managing. :wink:

But for real, I don’t think I did any DIY thing in years. Playing video games has literally taken over my life.

I’m more of a physical kinda guy. Like with wood or something. Because if something doesn’t work you can look at it and almost instantly see what is wrong. You know?

Info-graphics look cool. I know we have an art community here. Maybe could have some sort of graphics/art challenge.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Or a general management challenge. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hm… Remind me again at the end of February…

1 Like

Yes! Just make it an info-graphics challenge instead of the programming challenge!

1 Like

I was thinking more of a “spring art challenge” for you see, spring means multiple things and I would have punned the hell out of the thread…

1 Like

3 Likes

I… I don’t get the reference. I know who this green bastard is, I mean shrek is love, shrek is life, but what does that have to do with me trying?

1 Like

“Do, or do not; there is no try.”

4 Likes

you could learn set a goal as a simple snake game or something

2 Likes

He can even start with basic algorithms… Once the algorithms are nailed down, the commands are almost easy…

1 Like

How’s the game coming along buddy? :stuck_out_tongue:

You told me to start 1-st so I’m not touching it until then. Everyone else have started, but I’m waiting for the proper time damn it…
PS: seriously though, I am planning and changing plans, but I haven’t really touched coding yet…

6 Likes

Its not even the month yet, gosh get of pete’s poor back he is gonna have to do a cooking video this month already.

2 Likes

Last time I checked - no I won’t…

1 Like