Psu's for haswell

Im wondering if there is anyone that knows if there will be different cpu power connectors for haswell cpu's and motherboards? 

i just bought a power supply for ivy bridge processors, but then i was conviced to wait for haswell, and im just wondering if my powersupply can power haswell / got the right power cables for it.

Its an EVGA nex 650g.

I know some PSUs will not be compatible. I believe the latest episode of the Tek offers some explanation. There should be a list on the Intel website which lists compatible PSUs. Though, some PSUs that are not list may still be compatible. Sorry I cannot give you a clear answer, but it is definitely something you need to investigate.

http://www.techspot.com/news/52423-most-power-supplies-wont-support-haswells-c6-c7-low-power-states.html
[br]Here is some news. Hope you get your answer
[br]
[br]This is an edit: It looks like the only compatability issue is the Haswell sleeper state. 

Thanks

Uhm... EVGA aint on that list... is it because they only make 4 different power supplies? or is it that they arent compatable?

edit: The description of the powersupply says that it has an undervoltage protector... What does that mean? :P

http://www.evga.com/articles/00709/#NEX650

The list is not final. I know that there are some compatible power supplies that are not included on that list. Best thing to do is read that article and pick out the information you need to compare to your PSU. I don't know lots about this news, I haven't done too much reading into it. Key point in the article is that budget PSUs and older PSUs are not likely to be supported. I can't confirm anything about EVGA. The only real concern seems to be PSUs that are 3-4 years+ old. You might be ok with your gold rated supply

Basically, your power supply is a point of failure. It can ruin your whole system if too much power is sent to your components. So, your PSU will have fail-safes in place. That is overvoltage protection. Turn that on its head and you get undervoltage protection. Your components require a minimum amount of power and will shut down if they do not receive enough. (To make sense of what you were asking).
[br]To add to that: power supplies actually work best at medium-high outputs. Some power supplies are incapable of delivering very small amounts of power. It is all to do with how efficient your power supply is and how they deliver the current without fluctuations/ripples. That's my understanding of it. Now, gold or platinum power supplies are rated "gold/platinum" because they have high efficiency. Your PSU, being gold rated, should be fine. It will have a lot of stability.

ah, ok.  Thank you so much for the explanation :D

Well, I am not an expert on PSUs. I usually just choose a suitable brand with "x" amount of watts. So, please still continue to investigate. The amount of "undervolt" protection on your PSU will be the deciding factor in this issue.

If anything I've read that you should be able to turn off the low power state in the bios which should allow you to use any psu.

^ +1
[br]I have just read that too (y). Thanks Nacho