PSU Problem?

So I built my first gaming PC a little over a month ago and have run into my first problem. I was just on Steam when all of a sudden my computer powered off and now I can't turn it back on.

I opened up my case to take a look and make sure everything is connected but still had no joy. When I try to turn it on, the front panel, keyboard and mouse leds all flash, I hear a click sound and then it turns off.

When I turn the power switch off on the PSU but turn the power from the wall on, there is a light on my motherboard so I presume that something is getting through, but I get nothing when I try to turn on the PSU and turn on the PC.

I am using a Corsair RM-650 Gold PSU and Asus Z87-K motherboard. 

I hope I've been clear enough and thanks in advance for any help.

sounds tough dude. sorry. maybe it's your psu, or it could be your motherboard.

look up, "how to short your psu on"  then remove your psu and see if that short method will turn on your PSU.

you can try resetting the cmos on your motherboard. did you smell anything like burning when it first shut down?

Thanks for the reply. I didn't smell burning or anything like that. I also noticed when I completely disconnected the PSU from absolutely everything, that when I put my ear to it, it was consistently making a ticking sound.

As for the shorting method, will I risk my warranty doing this? I have a warranty both with Corsair and Scan.co.uk so I don't want to void these.

no you wont risk your warranty, it'll just check if your psu can turn on or not.

So I gave the shorting method a go, unfortunately I got the same results. Just a slight click and then nothing. I hope at least the return process will be smooth. It's not the end of the world but it's a pain in the arse. It's just annoying as I really was careful when picking my parts and this was highly rated then one month later; it dies for the f&*k of it.

Uuuggghhh!

Thanks for the help though.

sorry man, it happens. least it's just the psu, hopefully.