PSA to Xbox 360 controller users on PC

So my system finally updated itself to 2004 and made my 3rd party xbox 360 adapter stop working figured i’d drop a little PSA to assist anyone else before they wasted $20 like me buying another when nothing was wrong. Modified driver is now needed as referenced by the tutorial; apparently disabling driver signing isn’t good enough anymore.

https://www.s-config.com/windows-10-build-2004-vs-the-china-xbox-360-receiver/

3 Likes

TLDR, Microsoft is ratcheting down driver signing requirements a little bit more.

Following Apple’s example, again, by pushing people to buy a code signing cert or face restrictions. Powershell wants signed scripts. Windows defender wants signed binaries. The kernel requires signed drivers, unless you want to enable test signing mode, otherwise known as antivirus and anti-cheat freakout mode.

Not having an Xbone controller

3 Likes

Put too much effort into modding this one to be just how i like. Can’t be bothered.

not having a wired 360 controller

lmao

pinning your own thread

This guy

1 Like

I mean, it’s clearly indicitive of a sweeping change so I doubt this is the only hardware affected. I pinned it in windows for a week, fight me.

1 Like

ah well then only the cool people will see it

3 Likes

If you follow these instructions, your Microsoft will get Microhard.

By using the following you agree to post stories about how you borked your system.

I gotta remember that one

1 Like