[PSA] Tk-Glitch has stopped providing wine-tkg sources to Lutris. RIP

Note quite.

~/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/

On a side note: Lutris builds are still based on GEs and TKGs work, they just don’t compile and provide them anymore. To my knowledge the infrastructure behind it is still the same.
The only reason they are doing it under the Lutris name now is so that they have a consistency for unexperienced users. In the past there have been at least 3 different naming schemes (“wine”, “TKG”, “GE”, probably more) for the WINE versions which just confused new users. Doing it under one name just provides consistency and less confusion for new/unexperienced users. Advanced users can still go with whatever, just like they can with Proton.

When EAC and BE support drops (fingers crossed), I’ll be all over it.

UPDATE: There is a experimental EAC build people can dig for off a discord server or on reddit (linux_gaming) that works for a few games such as Apex)

Public Warning:

To all those with thin skin, you will not work well with Glorious Eggroll. He expects no bullshit from you when bug reporting or feature requesting, so if you have your own personal problems, that counts as bullshit. Avoid him if you have problems of your own or you like to complain.

Well he’s not there for therapy. Why bring up personal issues when reporting bugs?

1 Like

It is perhaps on the line of inappropriate to describe someones actions on how they wish to manage their work as a ‘public warning’, id suggest just keeping things on topic and not resorting to personal attacks please, its not needed.

3 Likes

Dude works in Tech Support all day, I can see why he doesn’t want to deal with Tech Support BS in his free time.

If something is actually wrong with the build he will happily deal with it, but he’s not responsible for supporting everyone’s personal issues with the build.

Simple as that.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s mentally taxing already, especially with overseas support taking over and huge job anxiety.

So I guess the more appropriate term is they have a short fuse. And personal projects requiring support is pretty much the thing that can take him over the edge.

Doesn’t excuse “thick skinned” workplace mentality and how that is so unfriendly to people on the spectrum.

I think we all have to do our part to get along with each other. I know a couple users on this forum who I don’t like very much, but it’s my job as admin to be fair, kind and respectful of all of them. But I wouldn’t forsake those responsibilities if I were a normal user, I feel that’s a core principal of positive online discussion.

That means that we keep emotional arguments out of the workplace as well as be kind to everyone.

While he’s not in the right, you don’t need to go spreading drama about it here.

1 Like

Lol, sounds pretty reasonable if you ask me.

This is called being professional.