PSA for those who watched the PGP twitch stream last night; someone was H4xz0ring

My computer was p0wned. Clicked some link from one of the viewers, which appeared to download and run some rootkit, all without tripping UAC. Should have followed my gut and blown out the drive that night; now my Amazon balance is $400 depleted. Check your shit, guys!

Not sure how that could have happened. Doesn’t Amazon require a password to purchase something? Were you logged on to Amazon at the time?

So you are saying that we have to check what we shit ?

Even on windows that sounds unlikely, doesn’t it? Stuff runs itself without any warning?

No, but looks like they did everything via remote access. I booked it home from work immediately after calling Amazon and noticed my chrome settings tab was left open. They wiped my history by four weeks before ending their session

It was a link made to look like imgur. I was careless and went to blow it up and it ran a download. Went to open file location and accidentally clicked it(another download pushed the button away). Asked to run some script and i stopped it immediately. Image saved as a screensaver, if I recall.

I’ll admit, I made a careless mistake. Just wanted others to be aware

2 Likes

Oh sure… the 1 time I’m not there to mod, shit goes down… I see how it is.

4 Likes

Should make it to where it automatically removes any posted links in chat without permission. It helps mitigate bot spam and malicious links from random usernames that come into chat.

1 Like

Now I’m tempted to check out the vob on twitch to go see. PROBABLY wouldn’t harm me on Linux… On second thoughts, nah, not worth the hassle

I’m going to run through it later tonight. I’ll let you know of the timestamp if anyone is interested in dismantling the packet

Okay, think i found it:
Comment @ 1:19:09
-https://www.twitch.tv/videos/225832046?t=4749s&comment=bc895133-8d75-4aa6-9824-e92ff87b7878

Funny enough, the link appears to have been removed

Plot Twist: this was one big scam to get us to click that link. Well played … but no. :thinking:

4 Likes

It was Monika?!

It was probably removed after you clicked it. Unlucky.

1 Like