PS2 Emulators on Current Hardware?

I start playing PS2 games and i found only PCSX2 emulator, and can someone tell me is there another emulator for playing PS2 games on windows pc?

1 Like

hmmmm for those with a beefy machine and those cheap high core count amd am4 chips now this seems like a good option

Hi newbie. Welcome to the forum.

First off, I want to point you to post guidelines and how a ‘necro’ post works. I encourage you to read some of the stickies so you have a great time here.

Next, pcsx2 might be the only one that matters now. AB2DELTA died forever ago, ps2emu is kinda crap…

If you want something new for the fuck of it, I’d recommend RetroArch. You can get the ‘core’ of the emulator (basically virtual hardware) and use it to run games, and only interface with a ps3 like interface. You can get many cores, from commodore 64 to ps3, and use many emulation engines. I’m sure the pcsx2 core is in there, but they might have others built in / on their site.

Hope that helps!

Edit: M => W

Edit2: Correction, if PS2EMU is up to date its really good at giving crash data if you’re developing games. Its mostly a dev tool, not really a games tool. The debugger built in might be helpful to you idk.

4 Likes