Proxmox server and freenas for home office

I have an i7-6800k with a rx480, amd 64 gb of corsair 3000 ram in an x99 gigabyte g1 gaming to tun my proxmox. I have been struggling to get the setup the way I would like. GPU passtrhoug works, but If I need to restart my guest vm, I need to restart my host, wich is a no go, if someone can help me with this, it would be great. What I would like to achieve (if possible) is to be able to use the gpu outputs to connect to a monitor or several, without getting to add more gpus, because I want to use my home and my work linux vm connected to a monitor. Besides this, my proxmox setups works as intendended, and I’m happy with it.
On the other hand I have an ibm x3550 m2 with freenas, and in there I would like to setup plex, couachpotato, owncloud, sabnzbd, transmission. On this end I’m having trouble with the networking. My network setup is from ubiquiti, i have a usg, a 8 port poe switch and a uap-ac-lite. Trying to setup one port on the server to make it part of my network (to get acceso to management and media server), and the other for a separate vlan that goes encripted for the plugins. Trying this I ended up with my network working awfully till it crashes.
Any pointers into the right direction would be greatly appreciated.