Protools/Media Composer Workstation

Hi!
I am looking to build a workstation for audio/video editing https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2YCVPs The main programs I will be using are Pro Tools and Avid Media Composer. Of course I will run some games. Because it is a workstation I was wanting to have more than 4 cores, and since it will be running Avid Media Composer I had to pick one of the avid approved GPUs. I am looking for any recommendations but specifically on a processors, motherboards and am always looking for monitor suggestions. Thought about going to a Ryzen but I haven't seen anyone make a Avid workstation...yet? Every approved Avid workstation runs an Intel processor. I thought about waiting to see what Intel comes out with next but don't want to wait that long. Looking to spend less that $2500 but the cheaper the better. OS is win10 or 7 (10 most likely)

Thanks

1 Like

your link dose not work

Link is not working...

But as a former DAW user, I loved Ableton Live. The instruments included and available are amazing. VST's are available for many synths ( I loved my Rolands, Yamaha, Allen & Heath products ) were amazingly useful with the depth of the software. You can run a lot of tis stuff on many systems. A very stable one is they way to go. I'm not a Mac user but I did have to reel back many Windows 'features' to prevent any interruptions during recordings and Live events.

Sorry about that I fixed the link

I use pro tools for editing and mixing, any tracks sent to me are recorded elsewhere. PT is the DAW that I have been able to work the fastest with since I have been using if for the past 7 years. i mostly tech or mix live shows so I am not worried about live events and don't plan on making this PC mobile.

1 Like