Protodesk: A Ticketing System

Main thread.

I, Dynamic_Gravity , will participate to the next Devember. My Devember will be Protodesk: A Ticketing System . I promise I will program for my Devember for at least an hour, every day of the next December. I will also write a daily public devlog and will make the produced code publicly available on the internet. No matter what, I will keep my promise.

Day 1

6 Likes

[ ] Search (+advanced)
[ ] Statistics/Reporting
[ ] Attachments/Images
[ ] Themes
[ ] Health checks

Really interested to see how the development/implementation of these go.

2 Likes

Scalibility
[ ] Docker
[ ] HA?

Regarding this stuff, I’ll give you the following hints:

Backend should store login sessions in a database table, if you need to store this, not local memory.

Make all API calls stateless and you’ll have a much better time. (use JWT to help with statelessness of authenticated sessions)

Docker is a frustrating learning curve, but once you’ve got it, it’s easy. If you need some pointers/help, I’d be happy to lend a hand.

2 Likes

Thanks for the pointers I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Any time. One of these days, I’ll be jumping back into Vue. Seems like it’s changed a lot recently.

cmon man, give yourself some credit haha put it up on your projects page

Thanks for that.

I added it to the projects group as well. I really need to work on my site more xD

4 Likes

Ehh, the ticketing system strikes me as a priority. I cloned it last night, and it seems like it’s been laid out well.

Day 2

2 Likes

Apologize for the delay, I have been programming every day on schedule but I delayed my posting to the dev log yesterday because Halo Master Chief collection came out on PC yesterday. Without further ado:

Day 3

4 Likes

Dude, I’m surprised you actually programmed yesterday. I got waaaay less work done than I thought I would yesterday.

1 Like

I knew that as soon as I got home I would play so I woke up early to get it done :wink:

That and it was a slow day at work.

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha.

1 Like

Redesigned my database schema today. Will post more in the morning.

2 Likes