Project: H440 Recolour

are they brighter in real life? in the camera shots, they look more of a creamy yellow. unless that is what you are going for? i am guessing it is the camera though.

Yeah they are different again. The shots from outside exaggerate the yellow and make it super bright and the shots inside make it look creamy. It is in real life right in the middle of those two extremes. More like a Ferrari Modena Yellow. 

It is just my phones camera nothing special and in no way setup correctly for the light conditions. Might grab the Cannon downstairs for a few pictures once it is all done. 

sweetness. can't wait :)

i assume you will be painting the PSU shroud? 

Already did. It is part of the frame, riveted in unfortunately, so it got painted. Just a pain to work inside the PC. Not much room for hands and a paint can, especially when the can only like to work right way up. Made it annoying having to spray upside down for half a second and the flip the can again.

I have learned a lot doing this and I would definitely do it again. I want to do a LAN PC in Purple. This is more or less a test run more or less for two lines of themed PCs I want to make, when I am filthy rich of course, in the future. 

what case are you looking at for your future LAN build? i always loved the Lian-Li PC-TU100/200.

the 100 is so tiny. only SFX PSU though. the 200 is still small, bust fits a full size PSU. and they are both all aluminum with heavy duty carrying handles. i also like how the GPU is on the very bottom, and it intakes fresh air from the bottom of the case via a filtered intake (similar to how most modern cases have for bottom mounted PSUs)

i just wish it did NOT have an optical bay. i believe the bay itself can be removed, but that slot in front is ghastly :P

Oh no those are not to my liking. I can see the cool in them but I like things that are just odd. Cases look like cases and they look like briefcases, I like something that looks like neither. 

This is kind of the thing I would like. Still a PC case but bare and odd. 

And this,

Odd things, but I would not want to screw with an InWin case, they are just too perfect. 

yeah.. those inwin cases are alllll weird lol. idk, i just think 'lan party' and immediately think 'compact and easy to transport.

In the never ending necro of this thread I present to you Part 6. In which I partially reassemble the frame, adding all the ancillary parts I removed during the dis-assembly. 

Enjoy for the end is near. 

dayum, new updates are sweet. i wonder..... if you could dye the white logo yellow.... or perhaps replace it with a yellow piece. 

Not sure but I think I like the one or two white parts to off set all that yellow. It is looking seriously good though.

can't wait to see the final build!

Hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

It is finished and the pictures are in. I might take a few better ones when I rearrange my room but for now consider it finished.

Very cool!

Coolsauce you should maybe add some LEDs when you've color matched your parts better in the future other than that sweet

Very Nice job.  The color has a nice contrast and there is some excellent cable management happening.

Yup I know, It is on the list of things to do when I have a chunk of cash for PC parts. The parts in there now are likely to say for a considerable amount of time or till one of them dies, maybe a year and a half till I can think about things like motherboards. AMD might have their new stuff out by the time I am ready to rebuild. Might do another case for that with better paint. 

Either way far off and not worth thinking about till I am ready.

That's a good work log too, not just a nice result. It's handy as information for others who want to do something similar. Last time I did it myself was back when cases were grey, lol. And I'm never doing it again basically. ;-)