Programming - Where to start?

I noticed you keept asking fot books and nobody was helping you with that and i knoticed this earilyer so here

http://teksyndicate.com/forum/code/great-books-sources-learn-c-are-not-just-following-along/133643

were in the same boat hope to meet you at the top =)

I have never stuck to programming much, i hate it in general, but i love hardware/networking/linux and security only way to do it is grind and grind, although not to much you become burned out and your like meh leave it, do a bit at a time, few hours on a night maybe? a good youtube teacher is Bucky Roberts, he teaches a lot of languages, but if your new i would say start in something like Python to get the idea of how programming works, if ur doing gaming go for C++ eventually you can program engines, for low level use C for high use Python, Web you need HTML(5) CSS(3) Java Jscript PHP SQL etc for a good dev, look at your area and start there, get books, ask more on here there are some insanely good people on here i have learned a lot while been on here, also if your willing to pay you can use a online trainer such as CBT.

Never delete your work also, keep it, motivates you by showing you how far you have actually come :)

Hope i helped out a slight amount at least :P

+1 for Code Academy.