Problems with RX580 on a Vostro 260s

Hey guys, I’ve had this old Dell machine laying around and decide to upgrade it, turn it into a decent gaming rig, bought a case, new PSU(CX550), SSD and a new graphics card(RX580 Sapphire Nitro+), problem is, with the new GPU, I can’t even get a BIOS logo. Onboard graphics work fine, old GPU works fine, but the new one doesn’t, all the fans spin, the LED on the logo of the GPU lights up, but no signal.
The config is:
i5 2400
8GB of DDR3 RAM(2 sticks)
120GB SSD and 1TB HD
PSU Corsair CX550.
The model of the motherboard I can’t check it at the moment, but I’ll update the post as soon as I can.

Thanks!

My antic FX machine did do random blackscreens like you have from 290 -> to Fury, and it permanently got fixed when I decided to reflash same bios from USB stick, because Wendell said to do that for updating it right

I dont think this is any issue anymore with these internet flashes though :man_shrugging:t2:

and if you cant get it to work, then you probs have to suffer same to my past self, and just hit power button 1-30 times till it works

When booting from onboard graphics go into the BIOS and see if the PC has a UEFI boot option. The RX 580 generally requires UEFI to initialize so if the PC is set to Legacy boot it might be ignoring the RX 580 entirely.

Hey, could you always fix your problem?