Problems with reinstalling Ubuntu via USB

I don’t know why you think that

That is NOT how this worked 10 other times and it is not working now

When the usb is just a mounted .iso from Boot up it reads it like an install disc. Like if you had a DVD with abunch of folders on it, it couldn’t boot. If it was an .iso it would

The exact same principle applies here except on USB

Maybe instead of repeating the same tautology 15 times try it and see

“Power .iso” looks like it will work but I don’t have 30$ to drop on it

What is UUI?

Or. If I’m wrong and you’re right. How does one get BIOS to read a series of folders as an .iso?

I don’t know how to translate into what would work for me

Universal Usb Installer. Its just dd for windows.

Ok so I got it installed. Don’t ask me how.

My Broadcom Corporation BCM43142 802.11b/g/n is not working now though. Should I start a whole new thread?

1 Like

Details on the Broadcom not working:

rfkill list shows only my bluetooth

But other commands I’ve found show that the device is detected

And now I fixed that. Had to change BIOS settings again to get driver changed to stick

Sorry if I am the most annoying Ubuntu user ever

=]

1 Like

@AuroraPh

I would recommend that you document the things that you thing worked. As everyone else had mentioned, your should have had a USB drive with folders and stuff not an ISO. You machine SHOULD have booted from this. That is what I meant by a SANE machine.

Since that is not the norm for your system and you worked on this for over 6 days at least, anyone else who has your kit should benefit from your trials and tribulations. I don’t envy you but you have awesome persistence!

Ok well this was the weird thing.

When I finally rebooted the HP Notebook and got it to work I had two different thumbs with two variations of the Unetboot & Etcher installs.

So I literally don’t know which worked right.

But I will individually test both on other units now and keep one around for re-install when need be.