Problems with motherboard and gpu

hi

I have recently started building my first computer, and i having problems!

(i5 3570k, Seagate SATA3 1TB 7200RPM 64mb Cache, G SKill 8G(2x4G)DDR3 1866Mhz, Asrock Z77-EXTREME4 Z77/4 x DDR3/2 x PCI-E3.0/4 x SATA3/6 x USB3.0/HDM ,  NZXT Phantom 410, OCZ Agility 4 128G, Power Colour HD7950,3G, 700w 80+thermaltake ps)

Problem 1

My mobo would not boot until i unplugged my gpu, so i did this and then installed windows 7. With windows 7 up and running I turned off my computer, unplugged it installed the gpu. The mobo then failed to boot why? Is this.

Problem 2

I unplugged the gpu but Now the mobo will not boot at all with all without the gpu.  

Please help should I take it back to the store? 

sorry about the bad grammar

try installing the gpu into a different pci-e slot, and make sure its in all the way. Also when you boot the system now do the fans and lights start up? If they do, also check if your keyboard is getting power as well. I have a similar problem now, and for your case it sounds like you might have damaged the motherboard while installing the gpu. really a tough problem to pinpoint right away, but make sure you check all your connections and switch around the ram in your system too and make sure it is in correctly as well!

The fans lights work but the dr debug doesn’t light up nor do the lights at the back of the case. 

I’ve also tried installing the gpu into a different pci-e slot.

thanks for the help. 

Remove the graphics card, plug the monitor cable to the back of the motherboard and it still doesn't boot? Is the power supply wire from the outlet to the power supply plugged in firmly?

The motheboard turns on (cpu fan comes on) but it does not boot. I think i am going to have to take it back to the store. 

sounds like thats the best option right now. besides... why risk possibly damaging more parts when trying to find the problem. I am going to do the same thing. Good thing most places will easily replace faulty parts

Hopefully it’s faulty and I’m not just stupid, either way i just what to have it up and running.