Proart vs aorus master?

I got the 2tb ssd, and the power supply (600w sff) and the gtx 1080 already, it’s just the CASE ram MBOB and cpu. Was looking at the N case and the Noctua L12 cooler or this other one.

And currently, I own the AOURS Master z590 but don’t know if i’m going to return it yet or not.
Even with these prices the 12 core zen is still tempting.

I can squeeze one aic in with the N-atx case, right behind the 2 slot gpu.
But not matter what I can’t spend more than say $550 ish for cpu and mobo.

The 5700 g honestly looks good because you can pass through the apu for virtualization. But i’m hoping the 11700k prices tank tbh

Fiber Channel is special.

Ethernet can run over fiber, which is what @NorthernWing meant.

What MazeFrame said - Fiber Channel is a completely different interface from Ethernet. Most/many surplus 10G Ethernet cards will come with an SFP cage which is what you see, which takes an SFP transceiver that sends/receives over some physical interface. Most are fiber, but you can also get RJ45 which is your ‘standard’ copper Ethernet cable which is what I was suggesting.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core Processor $334.97 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 37.8 CFM CPU Cooler $54.93 @ Amazon
Thermal Compound Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1 g Thermal Paste $6.59 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte Z590 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1200 Motherboard $199.99 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory $236.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive $209.99 @ Adorama
Video Card NVIDIA Founders Edition GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB Video Card -
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion SFX 650G 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply -
Wired Network Adapter Intel X550-T2 2 x 10 Gb/s Ethernet PCIe x4 Network Adapter $370.00 @ Amazon
Custom N-ATX Black V2 Case $229.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1642.46
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-07 16:08 EDT-0400

@BroadBandElf said, “I got the two Gigabyte SSD, the power supply (600w stuff), and the gtx 1080 already; it’s just the case, ram, Motherboard, and CPU I need. I was looking at the N case and the Noctua L12 cooler.”
I would advise against the N Case; it looks like a good idea, but in my opinion, it limits any expansion, and the N Case is costly compared to other ATX motherboard cases. I also advise against an SFF type of power supply. I don’t think an SFF-type power supply can support an ATX motherboard, or it would limit any expansion like the N Case. Please watch posted video before you purchase the N Case.

@BroadBandElf said, “And currently, I own the AOURS Master z590, but I don’t know if I’m going to return it yet or not.
Even with these prices, the 12 core zen is still tempting.”
Since you already have an Intel motherboard, I would build an Intel system and forget about AMD.

I don’t think either motherboard I suggested supports 32Gigabyte Ram chips.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.