Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Audiophile Turntable Review | Tek Syndicate

</p>					

Albert does our first turntable review. Check it out and let us knowv what you think.

Where to buy:

Specs:

• Pro-Ject

• Speed: 33, 45 (manual speed change)

• Drive principle: belt drive

• Platter: 300mm metal with felt mat

• Mains bearing: stainless steel

• Wow & flutter: +/- 0,10%

• Speed drift: +/- 0,80%

• Signal to noise: - 68dB

• Tonearm: 8,6”, Carbon

• Effective arm length: 218,5 mm

• Effective arm mass: 6,0 g

• Overhang: 18,5mm

• Tracking force: 10 - 30mN

• Power connection: 110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 60 Hz

• Included accessories: 15 volts DC /0,8A power supply, dust cover

• Standby power consumption: < 1 watt

• Dimensions: 16.33" x 4.64" x 12.59" (WxHxD) lid closed

• Weight: 12.34 lbs net

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://teksyndicate.com/videos/pro-ject-debut-carbon-audiophile-turntable-review-0

Very nice choice one of the best entry level turntables. Rega's is also very nice. Both are pretty upgradable so the barrier to entry is pretty low but then you make it really great.

Cool to an Albert video hope to see more.

Never thought I'd say this: "I'm tempted to buy that turntable."

You should that and the Rega are great.

I don't have the space for a turntable, dedicated speakers, an amp, and a record collection, so sadly, I won't be buying either.

reminds me of the rega 3

@Albert you're going full hipster. Never go full hipster. /s

Nice to see something a bit different being reviewed.

Did he just say fucking beard Ha. Good review though.

Vinyl does sound really good though. It is nice for dedicated listening.

I always wanted to collect vinyl in the recent years; I must say, this may be my alibi in finally starting that collection. Very decent price.

There is also the plain pro-ject debut that is a bit cheaper and can be upgraded to a carbon arm later FYI.

Interesting, I should look that up

I've been needing to buy a turntable, and this one seems great. Miss listening to vinyls.

Hey Albert, (or anyone, really...)

Do you know if this comes with a "dual voltage" ?? Like, would I be able to us this over in Germany AND the US? I move around a lot, currently in the US and probably headed back to Frankfurt for work soon and I'd like to get into this sort of thing but the voltage differences between the two countries is troubling.

Any thoughts?

Liked review, loved video production and camera angles. Hope to see more reviews like this!

Albert,

You think you could make a couple other videos delving deeper into this area? Really looking to get into this hobby and more information / videos like this would be great.

Really a great video and review.

Sorry, but is this a serious tek show? I heard (repeatedly) a lot of prices in this video for a carbone tonearm. But not one reason why it should be carbon. Pretty nonscientific.

Am I the only one thinking "Holy shit that is some awesome video production"? Those camera angles got me all hot and bothered.

More audio reviews please, especially turntables.

I have had a a pretty good setup for vinyl for a few years now. It is nice because if nothing else, you are forced to sit down and just listen to music. It is a very.. pure experience. Free of distraction and the worries of normal life.
And Pro-Ject seems to understand the balance of aesthetic, without forgetting quality.Continuing the discussion from Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Audiophile Turntable Review | Tek Syndicate: