So it seems to me that PIA should be staying as it is.
Based on what I’m seeing, the comments about PIA being dead are really just fear mongering and have very little to do with the reality of the situation. People are pointing to CyberGhosts policy which includes some minimal tracking as if that would be what PIA’s policy now too. This doesnt seem to be the case at all.
The company thats in question here, Kape Technologies, seems to be mostly alright, at least on the surface.
Our Guiding Principles
- Zero Secrecy - openness as a guiding force - we believe that an organisation cannot ensure privacy for others without being open and transparent itself.
- Zero Reliance - we remove the need for you to trust anyone with your personal data by ensuring no one has it, including ourselves.
- Zero Data - sanctity of personal data - we believe each individual owns his own data therefore we will never store or attempt to sell what does not belong to us.
- 100% Customer first - we believe that all decisions should be made with the end user in mind, while maintaining profit as well as building a sustainable balance between social, environmental and economic profit.
- Zero Theater - what you see is what you get, we tell it as it is and deliver on what we promise to achieve.
- Zero Tier - net neutrality - we believe that all connections and data should be treated equally and without manipulation.
- 100% Honesty - we will say it as we see it, straightforward and direct.
- Zero Sidelining - life purpose - this is not a passing phase, this is our mission and we are determined to stick to it and overcome any obstacles which comes our way.
These are the 8 binding principles to which we adhere.
I’m not convinced PIA is dead… Theres nothing here that indicates to me they would try to change how PIA operates as it is.
We have seen stuff like this before of course where Discord said they wouldnt sell your data and then only a couple years later changed their policies to say they will now be selling your data. It remains to be seen if thats what might happen but for right now it sounds like all is well.