Printing troubles

First off I guess this is the right category. We used to having a 3D printing category but apparently not anymore.

Ive been trying to print some stuff and nothing will stick to the print bed. That being said, the first test of the print always looks like this:

(Prusa I3 MK2, PLA)

Any ideas beyond adjusting the sensor that hits the bed (I forgot what its called)?

Is that corkscrew strand happening when calibrating, or when it is actually printing?

Try using some wide normal blue painters tape; it helps prints adhere to beds. The tape should cover the entire area you're printing and wrapped around the edges of the bed if possible to make sure it doesn't peel up itself, but you also need to make sure it does not overlap it at all possible either.

If that does not work you might need to adjust your Z-axis calibration to have the print head closer to the bed. Each layer should look thin and flattened.

Happens during actual prints.

Tried painters tape. Didn't help this issue. Calibrated the z-axis many times.

What I've concluded I'd that it's printing about 1.5 mm too high. It used to print just fine but now it's fucked up for some reason. I might try flashing the firmware when I get home.

Have you tried adjusting the Z offset? If you're using Slic3r, check out this link: http://manual.slic3r.org/simple-mode/simple-mode#printer-settings

If you're using Cura you'll need to adjust some G-code IIRC.

what is bed temperature? try glue?