Powershell Journal - Life Saving Notes

Completely agree with you here. PS is I think underestimated by a lot of people. I did my Bachelor Thesis working with Powershell and discovered a lot of great infos. The inclusion of .Net is one of the great advantages. But I believe that PowerShell is more built towards use in scripts than use in the commandline. The Inclusion of custom objects in 5.0 was one of the big issues i had with PS.
Basically a lot of Unix administrators i have met, just dismissed PowerShell and did not look at the possibilities it offers. A lot of Windows admins i have met, dismissed PowerShell, because they are not used to use a commandline.
The only Windows admins that appreciate it, are people with a background in programming. But from my experience they are still rare and until that changes, people will still dismiss PowerShell.

This kind of PS Notes in the forum is a great place to share a couple of things. So here is my first one:

There is a bug in the ISE in PS 2.0. If you are using GUI Elements from .net and wait for a long time in the gui, the ISE freezes. This does NOT happen if you ran the script not from the ISE.

Second of all here is a tip: I find it easier to use the ISE for even small PS commands. You are able to copy and paste commands more easily, have a better readable history and in PS 5.0 the ISE shows you a list of available commands and suggests it. Comparable to the autocomplete function from IDE like eclipse, but i have to admit it, still not as sophisticated.