Powering oven in kitchen - burned fuse - power outage and pc

Hello. I have an question to you dear forum users. I am worried about my expensive pc.

Listen. I am angry a little.

Few days ago my mother turned on oven in kitchen, and bulb inside oven melted. Fuse of course blown and i got power outage. When we bought new fuse, power back and i booted up pc. All was fine 144hz, Windows booted first time with 144hz.

But after 30 minutes i shutdown pc by clicking shutdown in windows and reboot it again. Windows 10 booted second time with lower refresh than 144hz. To revert 144hz i just turned off monitor and turned on again. Only this,thats all. Since this its fine.
When i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still.

So it was related to that outage because fuse blown or just random glitch ?
Is this because fuse blowed or that doesnt matter ?

But like i said i tried to reproduce this by cutting power from power cord and i am not able reprodue.

So it was related to that outage when fuse was blown or just coincidence and fuse doesnt matter?
My pc: 6700K stock
*16GB DDR4
*Asus Z170-P
*Corsair 750 RM
*Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition
*Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 1080 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

*I tested games etc etc and no crashes or artifacts.

No have UPS. Only power cord “APC”.

Maybe it was just a glitch with the monitor.

How many times is a few times? If you did it about 10 times or more, and it did not happen again, I would say it was a glitch with the monitor.

It is good that you tried to reproduce the bug but please never do this again. Sometimes in those man made disconnects elements ( fuses mainly on power supplys ) can die.

was your PC working while the power was cut ?
If yes then maybe but really not likely.
If no then 100% it’s not the cause of the bug.

I cut power 10 times maybe. Y

Yes i know this is bad, but i stopped already.

But pc booted ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still.

So it was related to blowed fuse or just glitch or coincidence?

Yes pc was working when power was cutted,outage due to fuse.

Wait does this happened to you for the first time ?

Because I remembered of reading about this here like a month ago and did a check -

this seems to be another thread made by you about the same problem so is this still about the first time or this is a second time happening to you ?

I am talking about the same situation. This is about the first time. But now i explain more clear situation with oven ,bulb and fuse :slight_smile:

I cut power 10 times and refresh issue not happened anymore. So that problem was related to blowed fuse or that doesnt matter?

I would say it doesn’t matter especially if it didn’t happened ever since.

Had a monitor broken a few years back by a blown fuse ( so it is definitely possible ) and the issue was reproducible - at first it started only every 3rd time and with time it got to starting every 10th time. Now it doesn’t work.

Yeah i cutted power 10 times and problem not reproduced. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz.

So it was related to blowed fuse or just coincidence?
Like i said shortly after power outage due to fuse i booted pc 1 time, to windows and refresh was 144hz like always, fine. But when i shutdown pc and restarted pc , windows 10 booted 2 time,with lower refresh than 144hz.

To revert 144hz i just turned off monitor and turned on again.
Any ideas? Should i worry?

Actually fuses react faster then circuit breakers, and are better for electronics.

PC sounds fine, a 40 watt oven light blowing the mains for the whole house might be a prob.
Somewhere on the forum is a guy who fixed his monitor cause one of the IC chips in his monitor had a bad something in ROM.
My main point is I found out monitors are allot more complex then I thought and it may have been a glitch in the monitor.

Last question. I will explain more clearly ok? Please !

.I am living in Poland. I try explain more clear.

Pc was running in 3dmark. Then in moment when my mother turn on oven in kitchen power goes out. Reason was bulb inside oven. All house without power. Then she goes to fuse box and something change i dont know what exactly. But power back to electrical outlets in house.
Only lights was still off. Lightning at home was off and not able to turn on back.
So if power to electrical outlets back i try to run pc. Windows 10 booted first time with 144hz without issue. But after moment i shutdown pc by clicking shutdown in Windows. And after moment i booted pc again ( second time ) and in this moment Windows 10 booted with lower refresh than 144hz,that was propably 120hz . To revert 144hz i just turn off monitor and turn back again. Thats all.

House was still without lightning. Only electrical outlets was powered.

Like i said. Later after changed fuse when i tried to reproduce issue , i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce. Pc booting ,shutdown,restarting with 144hz still.

And my question is.

That refresh thing was related to fuse,monitor firmware or just system?
House on this moment was without lightning only electrical outlets was with power.

I would say it’s not related to the fuse bowing as you said you reproduced the power loss and it stayed at 144hz, so you have nothing to worry about. No one can say 100% sure what the cause was. We can just guess.

So this power outage related to oven and fuse its the same like cutting power from power cord?

Yes i cutted few times power and i cant reproduce.