Post your Neoflex (Neofetch) here

Old Pi2 idling along

I know I’ve not ran updates on it in forever, I don’t intend too as it is suppose to idle.

3 Likes

Main workstation. rolling out a local kubernetes cluster. :smiley:

For those on mobile:

7 Likes

Not mine, but got a rare Neoflex here:
https://forum.level1techs.com/t/post-what-new-thing-you-acquired-recently/149881/6573

7 Likes

Oh yeah, I should post these things here shouldn’t I? :smile:
I’m a bit of a fan of obscure, low-end stuff.

4 Likes

Sun/Oracle T5120:

6 Likes

So, yeah, took me a while to get in the mood to install neofetch on everything I own and make screenshots:

This one is the same as the one above, just new screenshot. That’s my main PC.
2021-01-20_23-01-1611178612

vs01 is just an Alpine Linux template (unfortunately I’ve used the “PC” iso and not the “VM, lighter iso,”
but it’s still very lightweight), nothing runs on it. vs02 is my NFS storage with Wireguard on it for a DVR to offsite backup. vs03 is Prometheus and Graphana. All of these are running on Franken2, my Intel Server Board in an Antec PC case with lots of HDDs (11x 2tb).

bikypi2 is my… uh… Pi 2… I use it as a local ssh client in my WLAN to remote in my LAN whenever I’m connected from my laptop to my work’s VPN (since every other subnet is redirected to the data center, I need something on the same subnet as the laptop to remote into other local subnets, so my Pi 2 works wonders). I used it as a desktop for a while, except for browsing, which was egregious, but doable, everything worked fine (on Void running JWM, mostly Kodi for youtube extension and doing stuff with PCManFM and LibreOffice, now I use youtube-dl and mpv, so should be even better than what I’ve done with Kodi).

The above one below is my pfSense router.

This last one is my Pi 4 8gb version. Still running Ubuntu, going with Void, once void_mklive is ready for it. Will probably make it my main PC and use my current main PC for something else.
2021-01-20_23-01-1611178209

vs02 is connected to the other end of the wireguard to my Pi 4 2gb, too lazy to remote to it, also runs Ubuntu 20.04. I’m thinking of destroying vs02 and use Void instead (since Alpine doesn’t have a wireguard package). I need around 3 more VMs though, a mail server, a matrix / jitsi server (I tested Matrix Synapse on the Pi 2 and it runs… but… eh…) and a PeerTube instance (probably all will run Void).

5 Likes

I’d tried a pi 4 as a desktop. Couldn’t do it. damn video decoding was not powerful enough, so watching a video pinned the CPU.

Damn close though, with USB SSD.

1 Like

Strange. I could youtube-dl 720p videos and mpv would work ok. I did get stutters from time to time, but rare and they didn’t bother me too much. I also watched some 1080p videos in Firefox on other sites and they were fine as well (depending on the bit rate). But yes, the CPU was mostly pinned at >90% whenever I was watching anything, with CPU load between 3.5 and 5 (which is from almost bad to very bad, since the Pi has 4 cores).

Btw, you were the one who convinced me to buy the Pi 4, I wasn’t sure if I would be happy with it as a main PC, but after seeing the 720p performance, I was very, very happy with my purchase. And that was on a 16gb Samsung Evo SD card. I tried Void musl for 2 days or so on an Adata XPG SX8200 Pro on a USB 3.1 caddy on the Pi and it was booting as fast as my PC. Unfortunately, I was too dumb to figure how to enable video acceleration and I couldn’t run any DEs or WMs, so I quit. I’m pretty sure it was an issue on my part and not on the drivers.

Speaking of which, I forgot to test the new void_mklive… it needs testers with all the Pi versions.

I like your dwm-themed tmux config.

1 Like

oh yeah, mpv worked fine, but I was watching streams a lot, so had to be in browser.

Chromium (vomits) was the only one that could handle it, and even that had the CPU being driven harder than an Egyptian slave.

1 Like

That is dvtm and it works exactly like dwm in the terminal. I also recommend abduco with it for session management (it’s like GNU Screen). Both are made by the same person.

Is it allowed to post awesome hardware, not owned by me, but by company?
Ubuntu are speedy compute machines (no idea why neofetch can’t parse new GPUs). Manjaros are my workhorses…

Hostnames censored because reasons…

I didn’t know neofetch was how people got these fancy terminal outputs

5 Likes

neofetch is bloat. I use cat

xD

4 Likes

I am jealous! I am rocking a 6800 essentially. 2080ti. So I should not really be complaining…

2 Likes

I had to be on that shit in order to snag one. Fuck you very much, Newegg.

3 Likes

6900xt? or 6800xt?

1 Like

Those damn suse videos are quite good.

You can tell they had a lot of fun doing that.

2 Likes

This.

2 Likes