Post your Neoflex (Neofetch) here

My new Laptop, the CPU is a real beast

neoflex2

3 Likes

I finally fixed the DPCD display issue on this Google Pixel Slate. Curiously, the touchscreen fully works as well as the Google Pen thingy, but not the speakers or the webcam. I don’t care too much about the webcam to be honest, but I’m currently trying to figure out why Linux doesn’t know the speakers exist.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I am doing a full-duty battery cycle on it. It isn’t really to test how long the battery can last to be honest, but this does give me a pretty good idea. I settled on Solus because of an odd bug in Arch Linux that only affects Arch on certain devices - including this one. Also, I’d never really used Solus before.

1 Like

3 Likes

Here’s an actual flex

For some reason the 2nd A40 isn’t showing

7 Likes

Finally took the time to install Linux on my Toshiba Encore WT8-A tablet. After a long windows imaging (dd over ssh), reading the sway manual to rotate screen 90 degrees and checking why pulseaudio doesn’t work, I managed to get it up and running. To be honest, it appears this Baytrail Atom (Z3740) struggles quite hard when both playing a 720p video in mpv and navigating the web (CPU load 6-8, which is insane)

Now I finally have access to LibreOffice, which I’m dependent on. With all programs installed and basically no files other than configurations, cache, browser history and other dot files, I have 7.1 / 26 G (18 G free). With Firefox, mpv and a st (with abduco, dvtm, htop, nnn and a ssh connection open), I have 1.63 / 2 (1.82) G of RAM. With Firefox insane caching (like always), it will probably trash my eMMC drive. :sob:

Haven’t yet tested the touch screen, I just plugged-in my microHDMI to my TV. I can’t power-on the tablet without a USB keyboard, because I login via a TTY, so no touch keyboard (and no, I won’t install a login manager, like sddm). I don’t mind not being able to use the touch screen, I got a small wireless keyboard+touchpad combo. Also, you probably don’t want to see how I connect USB devices to my microUSB (2.0) while also charging the tablet.

6 Likes

Thank you for your continued posts. I enjoy seeing you fight on the low-end just as much as enthusiast content!

4 Likes

Raspberry pi running Debian with a 64-bit kernel.

4 Likes

My desktop:

vhns@gen2desk ~ $ neofetch                                                                                                                                                                     
         -/oyddmdhs+:.                vhns@gen2desk                                                                                                                                            
     -odNMMMMMMMMNNmhy+-`             -------------                                                                                                                                            
   -yNMMMMMMMMMMMNNNmmdhy+-           OS: Gentoo/Linux x86_64                                                                                                                                  
 `omMMMMMMMMMMMMNmdmmmmddhhy/`        Kernel: 5.10.27-gentoovhns-desktop-iommu-r3                                                                                                              
 omMMMMMMMMMMMNhhyyyohmdddhhhdo`      Uptime: 8 mins                                                                                                                                           
.ydMMMMMMMMMMdhs++so/smdddhhhhdm+`    Packages: 617 (emerge)                                                                                                                                   
 oyhdmNMMMMMMMNdyooydmddddhhhhyhNd.   Shell: bash 5.1.8                                                                                                                                        
  :oyhhdNNMMMMMMMNNNmmdddhhhhhyymMh   Terminal: /dev/pts/0                                                                                                                                     
    .:+sydNMMMMMNNNmmmdddhhhhhhmMmy   CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (12) @ 3.400GHz                                                                                                                    
       /mMMMMMMNNNmmmdddhhhhhmMNhs:   GPU: AMD ATI Radeon 540/540X/550/550X / RX 540X/550/550X                                                                                                 
    `oNMMMMMMMNNNmmmddddhhdmMNhs+`    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti                                                                                                                          
  `sNMMMMMMMMNNNmmmdddddmNMmhs/.      Memory: 374MiB / 15934MiB                                                                                                                                
 /NMMMMMMMMNNNNmmmdddmNMNdso:`                                                                                                                                                                 
+MMMMMMMNNNNNmmmmdmNMNdso/-                                                                                                                                                                    
yMMNNNNNNNmmmmmNNMmhs+/-`                                                                                                                                                                      
/hMMNNNNNNNNMNdhs++/-`                                                                                                                                                                         
`/ohdmmddhys+++/:.`                                                                                                                                                                            
  `-//////:--.                                                                                                                                                                                 

vhns@gen2desk ~ $ zfs list                                                                                                                                                                     
NAME                         USED  AVAIL     REFER  MOUNTPOINT                                                                                                                                 
grpool                      38.4G  38.1G       28K  /mnt/root                                                                                                                                  
grpool/ROOT                 38.4G  38.1G     6.40G  /mnt/root                                                                                                                                  
grpool/ROOT/bin             6.36M  38.1G     6.36M  /mnt/root/bin                                                                                                                              
grpool/ROOT/etc             7.56M  38.1G     7.56M  /mnt/root/etc                                                                                                                              
grpool/ROOT/home            29.0G  38.1G      119M  /mnt/root/home                                                                                                                             
grpool/ROOT/home/vhns       28.8G  38.1G       98K  none                                                                                                                                       
grpool/ROOT/home/vhns/vms   28.8G  38.1G     28.8G  /mnt/root/home/vhns/vms                                                                                                                    
grpool/ROOT/lib              395M  38.1G      395M  /mnt/root/lib                                                                                                                              
grpool/ROOT/opt               98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/opt                                                                                                                              
grpool/ROOT/sbin            4.44M  38.1G     4.44M  /mnt/root/sbin                                                                                                                             
grpool/ROOT/tmp              134K  38.1G      134K  /mnt/root/tmp                                                                                                                              
grpool/ROOT/usr             2.25G  38.1G      706M  /mnt/root/usr                                                                                                                              
grpool/ROOT/usr/bin         74.8M  38.1G     74.8M  /mnt/root/usr/bin                                                                                                                          
grpool/ROOT/usr/lib          723M  38.1G      723M  /mnt/root/usr/lib                                                                                                                          
grpool/ROOT/usr/local        657K  38.1G      167K  /mnt/root/usr/local                                                                                                                        
grpool/ROOT/usr/local/bin     98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/usr/local/bin                                                                                                                    
grpool/ROOT/usr/local/etc     98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/usr/local/etc                                                                                                                    
grpool/ROOT/usr/local/lib     98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/usr/local/lib                                                                                                                    
grpool/ROOT/usr/local/sbin    98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/usr/local/sbin                                                                                                                   
grpool/ROOT/usr/local/src     98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/usr/local/src                                                                                                                    
grpool/ROOT/usr/src          797M  38.1G      797M  /mnt/root/usr/src                                                                                                                          
grpool/ROOT/var              526K  38.1G      134K  /mnt/root/usr/var                                                                                                                          
grpool/ROOT/var/lock          98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/usr/var/lock                                                                                                                     
grpool/ROOT/var/log           98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/usr/var/log                                                                                                                      
grpool/ROOT/var/run           98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/usr/var/run                                                                                                                      
grpool/ROOT/var/tmp           98K  38.1G       98K  /mnt/root/usr/var/tmp                                                                                                                      
vhns@gen2desk ~ $                                                                                                                                                                              
Also, mountpoint is shown as '/mnt/xyz' because of my scuffed initramfs.

My “storage” ( notice how unorganized ZFS is, I never got around to finishing this damn thing ):

vhns@gen2serb ~ $ neofetch                                                                                                                                                                     
         -/oyddmdhs+:.                vhns@gen2serb                                                                                                                                            
     -odNMMMMMMMMNNmhy+-`             -------------                                                                                                                                            
   -yNMMMMMMMMMMMNNNmmdhy+-           OS: Gentoo/Linux x86_64                                                                                                                                  
 `omMMMMMMMMMMMMNmdmmmmddhhy/`        Kernel: 5.10.27-gentoo-vhns-gentoo-server-r1                                                                                                             
 omMMMMMMMMMMMNhhyyyohmdddhhhdo`      Uptime: 9 mins                                                                                                                                           
.ydMMMMMMMMMMdhs++so/smdddhhhhdm+`    Packages: 344 (emerge)                                                                                                                                   
 oyhdmNMMMMMMMNdyooydmddddhhhhyhNd.   Shell: bash 5.1.8                                                                                                                                        
  :oyhhdNNMMMMMMMNNNmmdddhhhhhyymMh   Resolution: 1024x768                                                                                                                                     
    .:+sydNMMMMMNNNmmmdddhhhhhhmMmy   Terminal: /dev/pts/0                                                                                                                                     
       /mMMMMMMNNNmmmdddhhhhhmMNhs:   CPU: Intel i5-2310 (4) @ 3.200GHz                                                                                                                        
    `oNMMMMMMMNNNmmmddddhhdmMNhs+`    GPU: Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family                                                                                                          
  `sNMMMMMMMMNNNmmmdddddmNMmhs/.      Memory: 190MiB / 7871MiB                                                                                                                                 
 /NMMMMMMMMNNNNmmmdddmNMNdso:`                                                                                                                                                                 
+MMMMMMMNNNNNmmmmdmNMNdso/-                                                                                                                                                                    
yMMNNNNNNNmmmmmNNMmhs+/-`                                                                                                                                                                      
/hMMNNNNNNNNMNdhs++/-`                                                                                                                                                                         
`/ohdmmddhys+++/:.`                                                                                                                                                                            
  `-//////:--.                                                                                                                                                                                 

vhns@gen2serb ~ $ zfs list                                                                                                                                                                     
NAME                                              USED  AVAIL     REFER  MOUNTPOINT                                                                                                            
rpool                                            6.66G   427G       96K  /mnt/root                                                                                                             
rpool/ROOT                                       6.64G   427G      192K  none                                                                                                                  
rpool/ROOT@beforemerge                              0B      -      192K  -                                                                                                                     
rpool/ROOT@08052021060202                           0B      -      192K  -                                                                                                                     
rpool/ROOT/gentoo                                6.64G   427G     3.63G  /mnt/root                                                                                                             
rpool/ROOT/gentoo@post-install                   69.6M      -     3.20G  -                                                                                                                     
rpool/ROOT/gentoo@absolutohomemlouco             55.3M      -     3.25G  -                                                                                                                     
rpool/ROOT/gentoo@kek                             425M      -     3.26G  -                                                                                                                     
rpool/ROOT/gentoo@secondkernelconfig             56.0M      -     3.53G  -                                                                                                                     
rpool/ROOT/gentoo@thirdkernelconfigwithbridging  56.8M      -     3.53G  -                                                                                                                     
rpool/ROOT/gentoo@beforehugemerge                 310M      -     3.34G  -                                                                                                                     
rpool/ROOT/var                                    192K   427G      192K  /mnt/root/mnt/var/                                                                                                    
spool                                            4.54M  2.63T       96K  /mnt/root                                                                                                             
spool/ROOT                                       1.03M  2.63T      192K  none                                                                                                                  
spool/ROOT/home                                   860K  2.63T      248K  /mnt/root/home                                                                                                        
spool/ROOT/home/vhns                              380K  50.0G      380K  /mnt/root/home/vhns                                                                                                   
spool/ROOT/home/zneix                             232K  50.0G      232K  /mnt/root/home/zneix                                                                                                  
vhns@gen2serb ~ $                                                                                                                                                                              

And last but not least, my laptop. One day I’ll get around to migrating it to gentoo and zfs, but today is not that day.:

vhns@vhnslaptop:~$ neofetch                                                                                                                                                                    
       _,met$$$$$gg.          vhns@vhnslaptop                                                                                                                                                  
    ,g$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P.       ---------------                                                                                                                                                  
  ,g$$P"     """Y$$.".        OS: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) x86_64                                                                                                                          
 ,$$P'              `$$$.     Host: Latitude 5490                                                                                                                                              
',$$P       ,ggs.     `$$b:   Kernel: 5.9.0-0.bpo.2-amd64                                                                                                                                      
`d$$'     ,$P"'   .    $$$    Uptime: 2 hours, 25 mins                                                                                                                                         
 $$P      d$'     ,    $$P    Packages: 2023 (dpkg), 5 (flatpak)                                                                                                                               
 $$:      $$.   -    ,d$$'    Shell: bash 5.0.3                                                                                                                                                
 $$;      Y$b._   _,d$P'      Resolution: 1366x768, 1920x1080                                                                                                                                  
 Y$$.    `.`"Y$$$$P"'         Theme: Adwaita [GTK3]                                                                                                                                            
 `$$b      "-.__              Icons: Adwaita [GTK3]                                                                                                                                            
  `Y$$                        Terminal: x-terminal-emul                                                                                                                                        
   `Y$$.                      CPU: Intel i5-8350U (8) @ 3.600GHz                                                                                                                               
     `$$b.                    GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620                                                                                                                                      
       `Y$$b.                 Memory: 2636MiB / 7822MiB                                                                                                                                        
          `"Y$b._             Disk (/): 657G / 930G (75%)                                                                                                                                      
              `"""                                                                                                                                                                             

Note: I’d be really happy if SVG or XHTML support would be added to the forums. With either of those, these would be colored.

5 Likes

You could just try using ``` stuff `` ` (ignore the last space)

it does get colored;
but the colors aren't what you'd expect

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Biky,

I said that because the way I exported those outputs was through xterm’s support for XHTML and SVG output. And, since the forum doesn’t support XHTML nor SVG, I had to get the XHTML output and cut some parts of it.

Best regards,

vhns

2 Likes

New Virtual Machine Host

6 Likes

New daily, used to be a i5 6600K :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m disappointed with the lack of FreeBSD flex! :laughing:

Here’s my general purpose server box that’s been around for the last 7 years.

5 Likes

True. It appears the only other post featuring any *BSD is mine (and it’s just pfSense):

I want to setup a mail server on OpenBSD (for some reason, I just want to use OpenSMTPD instead of postfix), but that’s a project for another time. I will, of course, blog about it here when I do.

1 Like

dat resolution doe

5 Likes

Well, I got a OpenBSD VM I’ve been poking at. Eventual idea is to first use it as a jump box with Wireguard and eventually use OpenBSD to entirely replace pfSense.

So here goes:

5 Likes

Going through the struggles of making it work 100%, I’m at 90%. Thanks to all the people that are following me in the small linux problem thread!
First venture into Arch Linux and it isn’t too bad.

4 Likes

I have to go this route too at some point. For now I have choosen the easy way, the Manjaro way.

2 Likes

I would suggest avoiding Gnome because I think it’s kinda bugged (it’s giving me issues with bluetooth toggling on and off, kinda weird) and the installer, as of now, is convenient but it’s a bit bugged too. You’ll need to generate the proper locale if you’re not in the US and setup manually wifi from scratch. Other than that it’s very nice to use if you don’t have to retrieve a bunch of old drivers from repos.

2 Likes