Post your benchmark scores

Vortex said:

This is without overclocking the cards. I might be able to overclock the processor a little bit further too.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1161458

Booooootttttlllleeeennneeeccckkkk

Although I do realize benchmark scores do not represent real life performance.

Boov said:

Booooootttttlllleeeennneeeccckkkk

Although I do realize benchmark scores do not represent real life performance.

Well obviously I don't have a core i7, but my computer runs every game I throw at it perfectly, and I don't need an exceptional processor considering that I'm never doing rendering or editing of any kind. Not to mention that computers that are "similar to mine" get a difference of maybe 4fps and are somehow getting scores at least 500 points higher. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Vortex said:

Well obviously I don't have a core i7, but my computer runs every game I throw at it perfectly, and I don't need an exceptional processor considering that I'm never doing rendering or editing of any kind. Not to mention that computers that are "similar to mine" get a difference of maybe 4fps and are somehow getting scores at least 500 points higher. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I know. I think the 3dmark benchmarks are way too CPU dependent.

And the only reason I've got an i7 is because when I bought a 2500k on ebay, they were out of stock, so the man sent me a 2600k instead. So I got a 2600k for the price of a 2500k :)

Boov said:

I know. I think the 3dmark benchmarks are way too CPU dependent.

And the only reason I've got an i7 is because when I bought a 2500k on ebay, they were out of stock, so the man sent me a 2600k instead. So I got a 2600k for the price of a 2500k :)

Lol, that's pretty awesome. Part of me can't wait for my next build because I'll probably have a real job by the time I want to build another computer, so I'll actually have the money to get what I want when I want it. The computer I have right now is the result of upgrading parts since 2008. The only components in there that are from the original build are the ram and one of the DVD burners.

I probably could get a new motherboard, processor, and ram, but I can't really justify it right now. I'm pretty much broke and the upgrades really wouldn't be worth it to me anyway. I'm just going to keep what I have until I decide that I need to build a new system because everything is running great right now, especially since I added another hard drive for RAID 0.

[img]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6231/resultsz.png[/img]