Post your battle stations!

I was just picking on the apple stuff… Stopped using that stuff about 88 ish :0

You have to have the cooking timer so you know before it crashes :slight_smile:

He basically is lol

What in gods name is that giant white circle

I’ve rearranged things a bit

Laptop screen died on me so I set up an old monitor for it and hooked up an old pair of logitech speakers. I also hooked the lapdog up to the laptop too which is something I should have done ages ago, now I can use it with the HTPC and gaming PC as well using synergy.

5 Likes

@Token is that what you’re rocking in that pic? I was gonna say “that looks huge for 24” " lol (that’s what she said?)

I’ve not updated since I moved, I don’t think.

Used to have 4 monitors. Gave one to the wife because she started working from home and couldn’t decide on what she wanted.

Better View?

Side View

Core i7 with GTX 1080. Ryzen build is hidden away and “headless” as of now, running Fedora Server. 2600 with 1080Ti. For dat CUDA baby :sunglasses:

Books and Desk Reference

So much to learn and so much time spent online doing terrible things like updating my Battlestation pics :grin:

The desk reference shelf is a lot thinner thanks to the successful giveaway I had a while back. Might do another one once I master this material

4 Likes

@anon79053375, yep, 43" 4k LG, then 24" to the side. I’m curious what an ultrawide would be like, I don’t like having to tilt my head up. But yeah if you are on the path of a @wendell wall of monitors, the big screens get you there without the bezels.

It’s 4k? G-Sync/FreeSync? Refresh rate?

@anon79053375 Freesync (but really limited range apparently), 4K (the idea is its like 4 ~20" 1080p monitors without bezels), refresh rate is only 60hz. Google 43UD79-B.

Much better monitors will be coming along- in fact since the time I’ve bought it I’m sure there has already been a number of TVs released with specs that caught up to the monitor, making them more affordable (many have freesync) and options to go with curved.

To go with a TV that supports the same chroma, freesync (apparently lots of TVs support this now) but maybe the ~53" size and curved so you basically get x4 24" 1080p monitors, I’d love to give that a drive- but again I’m not liking the ergonomics of having to look up sometimes- I also want to drive on one of those uber ultrawides that are out now.

1 Like

:+1: Ah, thanks! That’s what I was looking for. “LG 43 inch” brings up a lot of results, believe it or not lol.

Plus a ton of reviews for similar products, like “LG 23 inch” -_-

I’ve been looking to take the “single monitor” challenge. You’re not the first to suggest that going from 3 monitors to 1 giant monitor saves space while keeping productivity. It will have to be G-Sync (:imp:) though, and I ain’t ashamed to admit it :grin:

I would like to try a 32+ 4k 144hz, but that is expensive at the moment.

Not even out yet and my wife is threatening to behead me :laughing:

nb4 “How yer mnt 2 b playd”

Its about the same

mine is in the right 43" and 24"
wife is on the left 34" and 24"

while you have to look up on the 43", still similar usable space for active work but way more for less used stuff on screen as well

5 Likes

:grin:

Just an example

PowerShell Core and MobaXTerm. Definitely helps with managing Linux with Windows.

1 Like

Now I’m triggered.

4 Likes

Kek. Some of us warriors are given our weapons on the battlefield and not able to choose.

Of course, in the pic above, I chose to put Windows on a computer for Quakecon but I’d appreciate it if you just give me my axe and let me do battle :grin:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Avr 5.1 I can shut it off.

Just added a third monitor:

7 Likes

Rocking Windows 8.1?

:ok_hand:

2 Likes

thicc bezels

2 Likes

@ThatBootsGuy:

For some, the left testicle is larger than the right one. For Chuck Norris, each testicle is larger than the other one.

2 Likes