Post your battle stations!

*twitch

3 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

Make a table top out of them

1 Like

Iā€™m really digging that blonde in black underwear. You have a good taste.

2 Likes

I canā€™t even tell where the mount is. Nice work on the concealment.

1 Like

Thanks! Actually itā€™s hidden behind the phone , itā€™s one of those poles with the arms attached to the joint, relatively cheap on Amazon but very sturdy.
And the 17" is on a small table behind the desk with one of the original stands of the bigger monitors (because it looks better) :grin:

Well, today I got my second monitorā€¦ Cleaned my table, put it in order and thenā€¦ Then I realized I donā€™t have a DVI cable to plug it in. Soā€¦

5 Likes

My face hurts help.

3 Likes

I still havenā€™t posted mine.

Ethernet over power.

Ultimate Ear speaker.

Router/modem

I donā€™t know why the pictures are so grainy. Perhaps the light was too weak.

4 Likes

Your camera has poor low light ISO ?

Small sensor (phone probably) + not enough light + auto settings -> high ISO

Options:

a) manual settings + tripod
b) bigger sensor
c) faster lens
d) more light

1 Like

Damn. Everything is spot on. Are you a detective?

ā€¦ ā€¦ uhm ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ letā€™s say ā€¦ no ā€¦ ?

No, heā€™s a photographer.

In all seriousness I actually wanted to have additional SATA ports in addition to the 8x on the motherboard. I wanted 2x SATA SSDs that I could do a simple mirror in FreeNAS and create a dedicated pool for VMs and jails. I ended up buying a single 512GB SM961 to save on costs. It was more pricey to buy an additional PCI SATA controller w/ 2x 850 EVO 512GB drives than to buy a single NVMe of the same size. I also found out that PCI-E SATA expansion cards are a real risk, FreeNAS isnā€™t too fond of them and a RAID card is actually discouraged by iXsystems.

1 Like

Get a SAS HBA. A 2 port SAS card will yield you another 8 Sata capable connections. Plus they can be had for cheap. $80 to $100. Iā€™ve been using LSI 9211ā€™s in my server for a while now and they donā€™t skip a beat.

1 Like

thanks for the advice! this is the kind of card Iā€™ve been looking for that isnā€™t going to make me feel nervous installing it into my FreeNAS box. Iā€™ve really wanted to be able to add a few more drives in the future

1 Like

Freenas does expect hardware access to drives so when virtualized HD access can corrupt data. My battle station is also my NAS as in I dont have a spare machine and the need to slow down access to network speed.
I run linux so picked BTRFS and have 6 random drives in raid 1. Its fast enough I game off the drives with steam and well streaming video is trivel.

1 Like

Well this is unnecessary.

But why not?

1440x2560 on sides. 4k in middle, 1080p on top.

21 Likes

[WRONG]

6 Likes