3 Likes

Itā€™s been some time hasnā€™t it? Added a fourth monitor I had laying around

left to right
LG 27MP33-C
Acer H236HL
Microboard M340CLZ
Acer H236HL

other things
Audio-Technica AT2020 with a $50 mixer that gives the slightest white noise in Xsplit
K95 RGB
Tek Syndicate Standard Issue Mouse on a Burning Earth Mousepad
The legendary ā€œonly two in existenceā€ 3d Printed Carbon Fiber TS Coaster" signed by Wendell, Logan, and Qain
AKG 7XX
Thrustmaster t16000m
Logitech c920
you should be able to identify the case

all on a desk I made

9 Likes

Plugged into onboard sound?

Unfortunately no, the speakers I use have a volume dial and have a headphone out port so I just plug it into that and can control the volume with the dial

hardly an amplifier but currently Iā€™m too cheap

Why you no stain?

its presanded maple plywood, its not only a desk but sometimes I beat on it disassembling things

actual mindset: I dont care

2 Likes

You donā€™t have to go snobbish audiophile level.

Something like an SMSL SD793 II, M3 or even a Fiio E10K gets you started under $100. Those have a volume knob for the headphones but speakers need their own volume control (either they have it built in or with another cheap amp).
The M3 does RCA out, 1/4" out and micro-USB, coax and optical in. No extra drivers needed and if used via USB then you donā€™t need to plug it into an outlet (but ā€œonlyā€ does 96k Hz via USB).
Z-Reviews on YT spans both high-end and budget stuff.

edit: Oh, but if youā€™re using a mic then this could be more interesting to you (at least with 1/8" plug).
https://mayflowerelectronics.com/arc/

yeah I know about the arc but it doesnt have XLR (at2020 is xlr version)

And mic into mixer into Arc?

I suppose

But $250 is a bit steep just to try it out and see if it works.
Or just a better audio interface? No idea about those, though.

what keyboard is that? It matches that Mionix perfectly!

Logitech G413. I had a KUL ES-87 keyboard for a while, but missed the Romer G switches from the G910 keyboard that I sold a while back cause it was too large.

1 Like

Looks really great but its a shame its not RGB, I got a light setting that on a key press the key goes from blue to white then fades to turquoise and back to blue. If I could have done that on that keyboard I would buy it in a heartbeat!

There is always the G810. A little more money but full rgb and media controls.

I remember I was considering that or my Corsair Strafe, wasnā€™t too sure about the new Romer switches at the time but now I wish I could have tried them haha.
Iā€™m pretty dissapointed that the G810 didnā€™t carry over the Brushed aluminum look from the 413. If it had that I think I would have gone with the G810 instead of my Strafe!

I prefer the brushed aluminum too. But since the red backlight matched I didnā€™t feel like paying more for something I wouldnā€™t use. I do miss my PBT keycaps. I wish Logitech would release a non backlit tenkeyless Romer-G with PBT keycaps and a thick metal backplate.

1 Like

PC: i5 4460, 16GB ram, 500GB SSD and 250GB SSD, RX 580
Monitors: from left to right, Dell U2410, Dell U2711, Dell 2208WFP
Peripherals: Ducky DK2108 keyboard, Mionix Avior 7000 mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud headset, Xbox 360 Controller

I use a crappy plastic folding table as a desk and Iā€™m looking to replace it. Space co monitor arms from ebay hold up two of my three monitors and Iā€™m 6ā€™6" so being able to have my monitors up high is awesome. Windows is installed on the 500GB SSD for games and Linux is installed on the 250GB SSD, right now Iā€™m running Fedora with i3wm.

Sorry about the potato camera

9 Likes