Post your battle stations!

Link won’t load.

Weird too. No error message, just a blank white screen and Chrome acts like it’s loaded.

VIVO 3+1 an amazon, you’ll find it.

There is a clamped version which I used for some time

1 Like

The 24in limit is concerning. I was hoping to use either a 3440x1440 monitor or 4k 27in monitor as the main, with one 21in monitor on top and one on the side in portrait.

I’m just guessing that the 3440x1440 monitor is completely out of the question for that one.

Might end up having to break out the welder for my solution.

Not necessarily because the side monitor is portrait so maybe ~34"+???" < 24"+24"

1 Like

Finally got my Phanteks Halos frames in. Finally, black noctua fans with LED’s.

4 Likes

Well it is almost done… I got some organising to do… I will most likely switch the two computer box locations. The one on the left is my ryzen 7 / taichi … the one on the right is my experiemental 4 core 771-775 mod.

4 Likes

That is one sexy printer, I watched I Like To Make Stuff’s review on it.

Thanks @chicago1 , @Mora is the one who suggested it to me… good advice. This thing rocks… and every single miss print so far… cough has been no fault of the printer. I would recommend any of the equipment I have to anyone… based soley on experience.

1 Like

Update to my setup

Last year I had dual 23in monitors.

This year
32in 4k Acer monitor in the center
2x Dell 2515U 1440p on the sides (Great setup so far)

I started out with the 32in 4k monitor but was constantly moving around windows and realized I was too use to a multi monitor setup so I added the 25in monitor on the sides which are working well.

For the PC, I am running a Ryzen 1600 on the Taichi on a water loop (Super overkill for Ryzen). It has a GTX1060 for now but plan on changing that. The PC needs some work as its not perfect. I want to rearrange the loop so the radiator is on its side vertically and the pump is attached directly to the case (Which is the Thermaltake Core P3). Ill do that when work gets a little more manageable.

16 Likes

I wouldn’t call a water loop overkill for Ryzen. That’s got to be a quiet system (aside from the GPU, that is)

What are you planning for the new GPU?

You’ve got a really awesome setup and I wish my setup was that put together.

is that a cutting mat or a massive mouse pad?

I think Ill be going with something like a 1080 that I can put a water block on.

Cutting mat :smirk: I got it for a project when I was soldering some components and used the back side then it ended up staying to use the front side as a desk mat.

3 Likes

My personal setup, paid for by the university!

xnK2P6G

29 Likes

TOO MANY TERMINALS

Scary…

1 Like

Still a work in progress, this is initial set up. Have not finalized the set up. When I am comfortable where everything is and main build is final, I will do all the cable management. Also get rid of the boxes and move all the file cabinets and drawers in.

20171022_112933

20171022_112907

20171022_113746

20171022_113831

9 Likes

Wow, but why so many displays? What are you working on?

1 Like

I see we have some moneybags lurking around here.

To be fair though there are places to get monitors cheap depending on the monitor.

1 Like

Shit, that’s a lot of screen real estate. I personally couldn’t maintain more than 3 or 4 monitors, but that’s a bad ass setup.

What university, if you don’t mind me asking.

O_O That’s at work or at home? I only ask cause the phone in the foreground looks like an office phone where you can put people on hold, transfer calls, etc.

Today… today I messed up.

I knocked 5-7 capacitors off the back of my Radeon Pro Duo.

Kill me now.

2 Likes