Post your battle stations!

Really dig your desk (besides all of the rest of the obvious goodness).

So I got a new houseā€¦

BEFORE

mostly teared down

The new spot

assembly

nothing broke during the move phew

LEDs added

sPsKgK

AFTER

current state

19 Likes

Who lives in the vent?

Only the rarest of Pepeā€™s

1 Like

Thanks. I wasnā€™t having any luck finding a good desk. Everything sold in office stores was either glass or overpriced particle board. Not to mention that most desks seem to be built for people 6 feet or taller. My best option was to build something from scratch.

Better get a chair mat so you donā€™t wear down the pile on your carpet. Congrats on your new abode.

2 Likes

no step on snek

1 Like

Yeah, been meaning to do that

Feels

2 Likes

Fun fact: Iā€™ve been told that linoleum floor was the best you could buy from late 60s to early 90s. Called Solarian by Armstrong. Color went through top to bottom.

Also typically loaded with asbestosā€¦

2 Likes

Got my triple monitor stand setup. Bottom two 27ā€ displays are on My Ryzen 7 system, top 24ā€ is my late 2012 i7 Mac Mini. Using Synergy to do an IP KVM putting it all together.

3 Likes

Is that a stand or clamp style monitor arm-thingy?

Been looking for something that might be able to take the weight of three monitors without clamping because my current desk wonā€™t allow for the clamp style monitor arms.

My computer chair is a LaZBoy recliner, ahhhhhh.

2 Likes

My messy ā€œBattle Stationā€. Soon to arrive is a fancy dock that will kinda clean stuff up and if I get super bored I may do what @KemoKa73 suggested and use the expresscard port to connect it to a desktop GPU.

6 Likes

You could use cardboard in the meantime, but it looks extremely trashy.

Stand, you can see the base. I waited around and got one from Amazon Outlet for $45 but here is the regular link to it.

1 Like

Update from my first submission

Iā€™ve added a new monitor (and a new mount) and got my recent goodies from the b-day bash I had a couple of weeks ago :smiley:

Waiting on one more monitor (and mount) before all the glory comes to fruition!

3x Asus 24" 1080p 60hz
1 Asus 27" 1440p 144hz
Gigabyte Z97x
i7-4790k
16GB DDR3 1600
GTX 970 (upgrade incoming)
NZXT S340
-insert number here- watt PSU
Weller 40W solder
Asus RT-N66U Dual Band (under repair)
Raspberry Pi 3 (enhancements coming)

Daytime

Nighttime

B-Day Goodies

The Inspiration for it all

Final Battlestation specs (hopefully Jan 2018):

1080Ti additon
+1 1080p 24" monitor
Functioning Asus router for new access point
Dell T430 to be more than space heater :smiley:

6 Likes

Interesting. I find myself wondering if thereā€™s anything like it to which I could mount a single monitor on the bottom and one on the top, with one on the side in portrait.

buy the 3+1 and take off a side arm
https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Stand-Free-Standing-Screens-STAND-V004Z/dp/B01E5ZIE4E/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1507070664&sr=8-6&keywords=VIVO+3%2B1

2 Likes