Post your battle stations!

Storage Spaces or something else?

Nah, my motherboard has right-angled SATA ports and the clearance to the cable passthrough holes is a bit small. SATA cables with longer connectors can be problematic when used on the bottom SATA ports.

I donā€™t want the same keyboard/mouse for productivity and gaming, that would be horrible. Different tools for different jobs. Plus I have a kwm and ipmi/ssh on all my enterprise stuff. Not sure why anyone would ever want some buggy software when there are much better alternatives.

24 Likes

Funny you should say that. Iā€™ve seen people use gaming peripherals for productivity, and they couldnā€™t imagine working without them, but you know your needs and preferences. Different strokes for different folks.

Ah man, I had 3 of the things on your desk.

Update lel

My linux box has the two smaller screens and at the moment my 06 imac is on my 1080 screen. Iā€™m in the middle of a reorganization of everything ever in my room\office so this is super subject to change and alteration. Though i want a space for my laptops, so the kb in front of my imac has space to get stuffed under the monitor.

More pictures tomorrow lol.

4 Likes

Latest setup. A little excessive on the audio side of thingsā€¦ but I love it. There is an Audioquest Dragonfly Red feeding the Beyerdynamic A20 and Asgard 2. Modi Multibit is paired with the Magni 2 Uber. My most used headphones are my Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pros and my Akg K712 Pros.

Pc specs:
AMD R7 1700 @ 3.8ghz cooled with a NZXT x61
16gb 3200mhz cl14 ram G.Skill Tridentz
Asus Crosshair 6 Hero
Evga Gtx 1080 hybrid gaming
MyDigital M.2 ssd for OS and apps
3x PNY sata ssd in raid 0 for games
Phanteks P400 tempered glass case
Asus ROG Swift PG278Q 1440p 144hz gsync monitor (Calibrated with Spyder5Pro)
Logitech G303 mouse
Logitech G502 mouse
KUL ES-87 Cherry Mx red keyboard
Hyperx Fury S mouse mat
Logitech C920 webcam
Samson Meteor microphone
Klipsh Promedia 2.1 speakers with the Asgard 2 as a preamp.

Hereā€™s my battlestation. Upgraded my old Ikea desk to a dining table.

43" Hisense 4k TV, 24" BenQ monitor

3 Likes

Added number 4

14,400,000 pixels

11 Likes

Pixio 1440p 144Hz Freesync monitor

Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse

Wooting One Analog Mechanical Keyboard

Two desks from IKEA with eight legs and some metal cutters/circle cutters.

LIAN LI PC-Q10WX MITX case

2 Likes

Truly perfect in every way. Congratulations man! If you have a wife, she is also perfect.

There is a Borg efficiency to it.

Poor GPU

1 Like

There she is in all her glory. It has been a slow work in progress with a few challenges along the way. The only thing left to do is to ditch Windows. Direct X is like cocaine. It will be featured on Pimp My Setup Episode 294.

10 Likes

where do you put your legs? Or do you stand next to the pc for the whole time?

I stand. Unless Iā€™m watching anime, in which case Iā€™m on my bed.

Standing is healthy yo. As long as you donā€™t lock your legs and stay still for extended periods of time.

I hate standing on one spot. I would rather walk circles than stand still for 10 min. I donā€™t think standing is healthy. You got that confused with moving.

I have one of those squishy mats to stand on.

Standing is healthy because it makes you more likely to move in general. Standing on its own is marginally more healthy than sitting. Marginally meaning ā€œprobably doesnā€™t undo what sitting for extended periods doesā€ and also meaning ā€œburns 30% more calories than sitting, but when sitting burns very little, 30% more isnā€™t worthwhile.ā€ For reference, walking burns 230% more calories than sitting.

Correction: Standing, just like sitting, is healthy in moderation. They both have problems associated with doing them for long periods of time. Advice: Just like anything else, moderation is key.

Thanks, HK! Now I know!

Statement: And knowing is exactly 50% of the battle!

3 Likes