Post your battle stations!

mega_thread

Its called o p e n s o u r c e

1 Like

apple

open source

Choose one.

2 Likes

Look into the ppc machines. They’re more foss than the inspiron dev edition.

At least in general design.

1 Like

That’s a wallpaper image

0 Likes

Wish I could show mine but shes not local right now

0 Likes

So I ended up returning my second monitor. Just couldn’t get it to fit well no matter how I arrange stuff. Got my new keyboard, which helped free up a little space. Had my T420 set up to the left, but I was barely using it so I put it away. Added a little desk fan because it gets super hot. Ran my SD card reader beneath the case to free up mouse space. Got a Blue Yeticaster bundle.

Still trying to figure out the best way to form the Yeti. It works fine, but it looks kinda weird to me.

Also trying to find a different wallpaper. I only have a few that are 4K and none of them are feeling good at the moment.

7 Likes

I love that case… It’s absolutely nothing special, but damn, I love that case…

2 Likes

Ya I do too. Not too flashy. Relatively cheap. Super modular. Only downside is cable management, but you can keep it pretty tidy as long as you don’t fill it up with drives.

0 Likes

I see you’re a man of culture.

Windows

2 Likes

Real American Hero Theme Song Queue.

1 Like

See I misspell or misuse stuff initially all the time. your vs you’re. Then I re read it 5 minutes later and bam right in my face. Have to edit it, as to not look like I am illiterate.

1 Like

I was referring to your love of Windows.

I, too, love see through objects.

0 Likes

I just get frustrated when I write something that is utterly wrong. I point out my mistakes all the bloody time. It has nothing to do with what you posted. I am always hard on my self, because I minored in English. I don’t really practice my minor as I majored in computer science. So I focus more on that sort of stuff and not actually the books I want to eventually write. I started a book in college but nothing came of it. Stopped when I graduated.

0 Likes

Did you try it in portrait mode?

0 Likes

Ya, it was just too large. Too much head movement required.

I’ll probably get a 22" or something some time and put it in portrait mode. But it’s not really a priority.

0 Likes

Update

8 Likes

LG 25UM58?
Oh for fucks sake, it is a complete sentence…

0 Likes

two seperate lg models. ill look it up when i get home

1 Like

Sorta got my home workstation setup. I need to get a real keyboard. Probably from WASD. I have a WX 2100 for my GPU, but I think I want to go for a higher end model to support two more monitors.

The monitors are a 43" 4K Dell (P4317Q), and two 27" 1440p Asus (PB277Q)

Ryzen 5 2600, Radeon WX2100, 16GBs of Kingston Fury, 512GB Adata M.2, ASRock B450, Fractal Design Define Nano, all Noctua fans with a Noctua U12S.

And of course, Linux. Fedora to be exact.

8 Likes

I got 3 main setups
Desktop:

Specs: R7 1700, GTX 1080ti, 24GB RAM, running Fedora 29.

Secondary:
PowerMac G5 (For Void Linux PPC development) or X220 Dock.

G5 specs: Quad G5 @ 2.5GHz, Geforce 7800 GT, 8GB RAM, Running Void Linux.
X220 specs: i5 2520M, 16GB RAM, Running Fedora 30.

“Work”:

(Volunteer IT guy at charity organisation) They gave me a computer and let me do whatever I wanted with it. The computers around it were the ones I was working on at the time.
Specs: i7 2600, GT 710, 12GB RAM, running Fedora 29 as well.

2 Likes