Post pictures of what you ate!

Filipino style roasted pig

1 Like

How do Filipinos roast their pigs compared to others?

Looks good regardless.

it was pretty good not gona lie, i think its different because of the spices they use

3 Likes

Almost every day I talk with the chefs in the restaurant I work at. I don't ignore nor neglect the oportunities.
Honestly, I have never been so enthusiastic about anything in my life as I am about cooking. I really love cooking. Not going to make it my career though. I don't think I can make it in a restaurant kitchen.

I know :slight_smile: I do :slight_smile: This is how I improve. The first recipes in my cooking thread were completely amateurish stuff. If I have to do it again now, I would change a lot of stuff.
I'm just about good enough to understand how much I don't understand.

PS: I have been drinking for the last few hours, so I'm going off for a few hours to take a nap.

1 Like

I did not know you work at a resturant, otherwise I would not have made my comment.

1 Like

I'm Barman... Not Batman... Barman... I used to be a waiter for about 7-8 years. Now I moved behind the bar.

Oh, don't worry about it :slight_smile: When I am drinking I am sweeter than a sugar.

1 Like

Green chilly pepper, onions, mushrooms and cheese omelet...

I would have also added olives, but they appear to have gone bad, so I didn't risk it.

4 Likes

Home made bacon, onions, mushrooms and cream pizza...
Of course cheese on top and spices...

4 Likes

I love onions but onions on a pizza never really does it for me and it looks like half the pizza is onions though. I'd still try it.

In the restaurant I work at, we call it Paris. A La Paris pizza. Our pizza cheff makes it amazing. It's the first time I love bacon and cream pizza. Still, I made a few mistakes.
The onions should be thinner sliced. I made them thick. And I guess I use the wrong kind of cream or something, idk. The dough remained raw in the middle. May be the dough was too thick, but still...
In general terms it's great. My specific implementation is not the best...

PS: I don't even have a rolling pin so there are thicker and thinner spots, and... I really failed with that pizza... I should try the yeast dough. This one was using baking soda.

About the cream the best bet is to ask him.
For the onions I recommend you to fry them first to golden-brown colour so even if they are thicker they will taste great.
About the dough being raw in the middle try using less ingredients that contain water there and make it thinner, I can only guess you didn't use tomato sauce as a base and instead replaced it with the cream, right?
Also did you put the cheese at the start of the baking or few minutes before the pizza was ready ? :pizza:

1 Like

I know I could do that, but I just put them raw. They were soft though, they just were overpowering the rest of the ingredients.

Correct. I am not sure if I should bake the dough first, but I asked Chef and he said, he doesn't. And his pizzas are never raw. So I did something wrong.

In the beginning. I was thinking this could also be a reason for it. But I don't think Chef have the time and opportunity to take out the pizza and put the cheese on, then put it back.

I didn't made it thick at all. It actually expanded and grew in size. And this is a baking soda dough. Not yeast. If I make it with yeast I will have a huge pita bread with toppings...

I need to experiment with the dough more...

I love cooking...

Nope never did that and almost every time i got em right.

It depends a lot, most of the time in restaurants they use cheese that can survive the whole cooking process however in my experience I had cheese that got burnt or I did not get the same effect as if it was bought pizza. So that made me use more cheese to kinda delay the burning process but it actually made my pizza raw ... so since then i don't use it at the beginning but instead just after it starts get brown on the edges.

I use yeast dough but still if I want a thin crust pizza I will let the dough to rest for 24h at least in the fridge. When i make the dough fresh it always expands so much that it looks like i made a thick pizza while it was bellow 0.5-0.4 cm all around.

1 Like

Hm... I'm out of bacon...
I will go to the store tomorrow and repeat the same recipe with couple changes... Thinner dough, no cheese in the beginning, thinner sliced onions (don't want to wash a frying pan on top of the dough bowl and the baking tray)...
I think I also have put too much oregano on it... Or Basil, bit I think it was the oregano. I just put Oregano and Basil, salt and pepper. No other spices.

1 Like

Do you wanna try something else too ? You said it was a cream pizza and i think it's sour cream, right ?
If you like to try half of the pizza with the improved recipe and the other half with cream cheese instead of sour cream and on top to put a few slices of tomato ? I think it will be nice but I cant try it because my diet right now doesn't allow me to eat pizza at all.

1 Like

I want to find out what mistakes I am making. Once I do that I will probably make like a billion other pizzas. I just want to know what am I doing wrong.
Basically there are tomato sauce pizzas and creme pizzas. Once I figure out how to bake them both I can start experimenting freely.
I just want to do this one properly and then... Oh, then...
Pizza Rustica, Pizza bread rolls, etc etc etc...

It's just like dough. Once I figured out how to make dough, i made like a billion things with it...
Now, I am on pizza...

1 Like

Not my picture but this is what I ate

3 Likes

cold korean noodles

1 Like

Is this a cold served meal, or you just ate them cold, when they weren't supposed to be cold?

I had an oven baked pork with veggies tonight.

I added only salt, pepper and some parsley at the end. Yet, it doesn't feel bland or flavorless... I like it.

1 Like

it's a serve cold meal, sometimes there's ice in the broth, you add vinegar and mustard to it to suit your taste

1 Like