Post pictures of what you ate!

I don't cook healthy either. I just feel like rice today, so I do something with rice. I feel like chicken tomorrow, etc etc... I felt like bacon yesterday, but I was too lazy so I am feeling bacon today.. With potato wedges and beer in the oven...
Pictures when I cook it in about 10 hours...

see all i do is microwave hotdogs or pizza pockets...

Microwaving is really bad way of cooking...
Well, I may start a new YouTube channel about cooking... All I need is good camera and clean kitchen...
Or I should start a thread with recipes in the forum...

I totally agree with this. I use my microwave way less than I used to. A microwave can't give many foods the crispness and firmness to it that it needs which often adds more flavor.

naw, you have to know how to use a microwave. great for heating up or steaming up veggies. its' just a tool thats often misapplied.

Indeed...
Popcorn mainly, defrosting, warming up yesterday's food...

In a microwave? No no no...
Microwave can do many things, but baking and boiling - no... There are better tools for that purpose...
By the way the bacon and potatoes are baking right now, so in less than an hour i will post pics...

you can wrap your veggies in plastic wrap creating nice sealing self steaming veggie. doesnt work for everything but it has it uses if you know.

just gota realize it heats up water from the inside out, and you dont always have to heat at the max setting which is the default for all microwaves i've seen.

Bacon, green herbs, salt and pepper

Potato wedges - same treatment...

After poring beer in ans baking them for an hour:

ADVICE: Use less liquid for the bacon. The crispy parts were fine, but it was mostly soggy from the sauce.

1 Like

you add salt to bacon? hehe

I add salt on everything...
It's raw bacon, basically meat and fat. Not treated at all, just raw.

ahh i see, not cured

Do you boil your potatoes before oven cooking them?

This rule is simple to remember:

Vegetables that grow underground (potatoes, carrots, beets, turnips), should start off in cold water.
Vegetables that grow above ground (greens, peas, corn) should be placed into already boiling water.

No... I boil them only if I am making saute potatoes. Otherwise I just put liquid and bake directly.

Fun fact:
This is the first time I am hearing this rule...

2 Likes

Fried eggs and corn bread.

4 Likes

Bread..

Eggs

Frying pan

Final result

PS: Lately I have rediscovered my affection towards beer...

PS2: Finally, my latest creation is completed...

4 Likes

Omurice... With mushrooms...

3 Likes

Beer battered fried chicken.

I had never actually (deep?) fried anything before this. Pot was way too narrow, but after like 45 minutes of frying everything turned out actually surprisingly good.

5 Likes

how can it not?

Over/undercooking?

I tried out onion rings before the chicken. First one was perfect, second one was burnt, third was undercooked.

1 Like