Post pictures of what you ate!

nothing special just a unfortunately huge serving of scramby:yum:

didn’t mean to make the smiley face so creepy :flushed:

10 Likes

Old fashioned boiled dinner

All locally sourced ingredients.

9 Likes

I made fried pale bratwurst with an onion sauce out of onions, splash of white wine, apple vinegar, mustard, and water, that I thickened with some ground rye bread. Served with boiled potato.

It was inspired by this East German dish.

8 Likes

Chicken wings with some garlic jasmine rice and veggies…

9 Likes

Wife and I share the tbone, served with Creamy mushroom sauce and salad.

9 Likes

Sausage and cheese omlette :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Made some jerk chicken last night. I used skinless chicken breast instead of skin-on thighs, but still amazing.

9 Likes

made some pasta basically lasagna but different noodle type and used the home made sausage thats been in the freezer. been making tons of burritos but havent bothered to take pics of them all like 10-20 at a time. figured time to mix stuff up. did a home made pasta sauce but forgot the wine this time T_T and the sausage, mozzarella, ricotta, and pasta noodles real simple.

7 Likes

Looks like the Cool-Aide Man’s cousin. j/k

3 Likes

Every picture that you take, I swear…

5 Likes

Fried sausage with potato gratin with broccoli. This time it was maybe 66% potato and 33% broccoli, but then next time I might switch them.

8 Likes

At a friend’s for supper. He is south vietnamese. The beans were served cold, first time ever for me. He says that pretty normal there, and thinking about how hot and humid it can be, that makes sense.

8 Likes

Which reminds me of how I sometimes told fake Swedish facts years ago since I was prettu sure to be the only Swede around so everyone trusted me. At least on that subject. So he might have made it up because he forgot to boil them.

No, cold salads with boiled or blanched veggies are pretty popular in South East Asia :slight_smile:

1 Like

Roasted eggplant, stuffed with Bolognese sauce and some melty cheese on top.
Deliciousness…

7 Likes

The beans were cooked. Just cold when served.

Replenished my real wasabi stock.

4 Likes

made some pasta added black olives and banana peppers since so many pasta salads do and it its pretty damn good. mix of mozzarella and cheddar because its what i had in stock and i like cheddar. the rest is ricotta cheese, home made tomato sauce, onions, store bought noodles, and home that made sausage. beats the last round which was more traditional

10 Likes

Something Balkan inspired. Minced meat, red bell pepper, onion, rolled in bread crumbs. Unfortunately I forgot to buy sour cream or kajmak so I just made a tomato… thing.

8 Likes

9 Likes

made another round of sausage took more pics then usual. had two pork butts but as i cant do my own shopping with my fucked up foot i didnt know until i went to start cutting that one of the the vacuum sealed pork butts had the packaging damaged and was no good. going to get a new one tomorrow and finish chopping did 10lbs today. diced garlic, ginger, green onions, and added salt(1.6% by weight), pepper, paprika, Kashmiri chili powder, worchestershire sauce, oyster sauce, and a cooking wine(not a drinker dont ask me whatever the wine person told me to get). wine is there to kill germs and add a little sweetness and the worchester and oyster also are preservatives that add some flavor and are why the relatively low salt % which isnt counting this. kashmiri is basically a paprika sub as i used all of what i had left.

going to bag in 1lb portions and freeze once i get that second pork butt minced and added should last me at least a month

10 Likes