Post pictures of what you ate!

Looks like that makes a good quick side dish if stored correctly.

1 Like

It’s easy and fast to make if you have some leftovers…
You have some boiled potatoes just sitting in the fridge, you have some other veggies, mix them up, throw some cheese on top, cook in the oven for a bit and boom - meal…
It’s easy for restaurants to make this, cause they always have precooked potatoes and other veggies…

On another note at home I made beans and sausage.

7 Likes

I already ate it so you don’t get to see it. Chicken liver casserole with mushrooms and bacon. Didn’t have any calvados at home so I had cognac and apple sauce instead. Finished off with cream and lingonberry jam, served with boiled potatoes.

3 Likes

Chicken livers with mushrooms and bacon? That actually sounds delicioso :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is. Also very unliverly so even people who usually don’t like liver might enjoy it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Completely against the rules (Post pictures…) but I made a stew. A scratch beef stew w pots and carrots mushrooms and onion. I found a nice cut of chuck I could chop 25mm^3 and took my time for an exceptional std beef stew.
Its brown and not photogenic but it came together just right. It was a 1st time I just made a stew by intuition and it was perfect. IIDSSM

I typically dont appreciate alcohol in my food so I dont cook w it. I did use some Cab in the deglaze step for fancy factor and like I said it came out great. Served w homade bred.
I dont think I have the constitution to take on a homade bread bowl of stew but a chunk of meat on sale and some staples has turned into hearty mealz.

So which AI do I owe royalties to for whatever brain wave inspiration made this beef stew recipe?

5 Likes

2 Likes

I like chickin livers.
I also like bacon…
I also also like masroms…
I also also also not gonna make it casserole, but add some leek and onions and make it a “stir-fry” of sorts. Eventually. Not today tho, cause I have different plans.

2 Likes

Chicken Binakol

Chicken in young coconut with shredded coconut meat. Weirdly creamy. This is a speciallty in spouse’s relative’s restaurant. i could not seem to taste any other spices. If there was ginger, they took away the chopped bits prior to serving.

10 Likes

A few days ago at work.
Some sort of pumpkin soup, and whatever pasta that is with tuna and a few other things. Dessert is vanilla pudding with some sort of dressing (apricot maybe).
Nothing spectacular but very good. This meal cost 3 euro dollars and the portions were absolutely large. I could barely eat all of this and I normally eat a lot. This is much cheaper than whatever I can make at home, especially at the grocery prices we have now, so I decided not to buy much at all, but to rather eat at work any day of the week that I can, and just have smaller meals, if anything at home.

The knife is there because it would otherwise feel left out.

11 Likes

The “pudding” looks like flan. It is a custard.

My wife made Crêpes and is feeding me in bed. I love this woman.

She made savory and sweet. This is a picture of a mushroom duxelle with a roux and parmesan cheese.

11 Likes

I do like me some green coconuts from the Philippines. If you have the chance try some boku-pandang ice cream. It’s coconut and pandang flavored.

2 Likes

This one is a keeper… Marry her.
Oh wait…

4 Likes

Following directions I will post of what I ate(!). Past tense. Destroyed.
So hear me out. A fine cream brie w homade chile jam and bay/rock/salad shrimp on crackers?
Yes I did.
Almost AI generated no context chaos of ingredients is a hit!

7 Likes

I made Crème Brûlée today and some Chicken Japanese Curry.

I made a regular and a Chocolate (by request on stream).

I am not that big of a chocolate person but it turned out pretty good. I made them in the Suous Vide. The pictured one leaked and got a little water inside so it was the sacrificial one for the stream. The others turned out well.

10 Likes

Grumpy squirrel approves :+1:

Grumpy squirrel wasn’t invited AGAIN so grumpy squirrel disaproves… :unamused:

4 Likes

Looks amazing mate

2 Likes

Meatballs soup…

9 Likes

so i made gyoza from scratch. did the sausage from scratch a while back and had it in the freezer and made the dough from scratch let it go through a few more short work/long rest cycles to develop the gluten the easy way then cut off chunks which got hand rolled into giant tootsie roll like logs then roughly 7 gram pieces pulled off and rolled flat for the wrappers. folded thousands of gyoza that part was easy but its been many months used too little water on the first batch then overcompensated adding more. second batch was better but then i decided to switch to steaming them until they were cooked and then pan frying for texture and the 3rd batch and on were amazing but didnt get photos they didnt last long. also made a home made sauce out of soy, oyster sauce, sake, mirin, b sugar, water, corn starch which was amazing and the corn starch added thickness lets it cover and stick to gyoza really well

14 Likes

That is a lot of work, but I bet it was worth it.

Saturdays at 1600 PDT/PST on twitch.

1 Like