Post pictures of what you ate!

That is something that I have not had in a while. You da best, Pete!

1 Like

Aw shucks, you will make me brush I mean blush…
:relaxed:

1 Like

Tortellini boscaiola

7 Likes

Pork and prunes with with hwite rice…

7 Likes

Brunch
Wanted to finish of my eggs and crack open the black rice

7 Likes

Looks fire, my guy. Handmade posta too?

Interesting combo. I do something similar with Duck but I use cherries and wine, bourbon and raisins or currants.

1 Like

Never seen it prepared in this way. Please enlighten us?

My mom do that with beef.
Just don’t put too much prunes in. It’s very very sweet…

1 Like

Easily combat that with some savory bread or dough based product. Yeah, i am a carb. monster.

1 Like

I wanted to make pasta, but then I couldn’t store the pasta properly for the next day so I made rice. The rice cooker is a lovely tool. I can use it for white rice while making the main course…

1 Like

Zoujirushi makes the best rice cookers ever. Yes they are pricey but they are also pressure cookers that can make non-rice things. I recommend everyone get one, but import from Japan because the international models have less features.

https://www.zojirushi-direct.com/category/A001001/

If you need convincing… Just ignore Bone Apple Tea’s past transgressions.

1 Like

And here I am using 17 euros rice cooker I got from a sale last year…

2 Likes

Any rice cooker is good. Just once you have had rice from one of the little Elephant’s machinery, you can never go back. The platinum really does change the flavor profile of the rice.

1 Like

I’ve been using the same $15 cheap rice maker for at least 10 years. Part of the front controls cracked off, but it still kinda works.

I was looking to replace it with a Zojirushi version- the small version is around $150. I will probably get around to buying it, once the sticker shock wears off.

2 Likes

Porriage, you want to have more water than rice. I can’t say that I got the proportions properly (2 cups black, 1 cup brown, 3-4 cups of water) because I had to add more water before I ate it.

The comments of this vid calls for a 1:4 rato of rice to water

This calls for 1:7

1 Like

Even if you do not get the Platinum, IH Pressure cooker version, the IH only models are still worth it. The price is high, but the elephant builds stuff to last and you see it all over Japan. My Japanese friends and their relatives turned me on to it. My friends parents still had a Hot Water boiler for tea from the 1980s that they were still using.

**Edit
I spent 450USD on a rice cooker the last time I came back from Japan. My wife almost lost her ish, but then I made food with the thing and she has relaxed, a little. She does not eat a lot of rice but the oatmeal setting is her jam.

1 Like

No just the fresh store bought stuff. No time to make handmade stuff atm.

2 Likes

It’s not even worth it. Pasta is so cheap and it requires so much work it’s really more convenient, easier and cheaper to just buy some.

1 Like

Mexican Bean soup

9 Likes

Spinach and potatoes casserole with cheese and eggs on top…

9 Likes