Post pictures of what you ate!

i discovered this at IKEA and OMG, I put that ish on almost everything.

I guess I need to start posting in here.

Marionberry jam is pretty badass also.

2 Likes

That is common in the PNW.
I know it is blasphemous and heretical, but a lingonberry PB&J is chef’s kiss.

I guess this is the most famous one. And also the one that attracts most Swedes if you make it wrong :slight_smile:

The meatballs should be too large to eat in one bite, and too small to eat in two. Add some allspice around Yule. The cucumber (pressgurka) is pickled with salt, sugar, vinegar, a couple of hours before. Mashed or boiled potato. Cream sauce. And lovely lovely lingonberry jam. For those who haven’t tasted lingonberry jam, it’s a bit like cranberry jam, but a bit less sour with a slight tarty bitterness.

5 Likes

It is less sweet than how we eat cranberries in the USA and I would argue that lingonberry jam is the right balance of everything.

1 Like

Who about to be a fatter bastard:

11 Likes

Movie Bob…

2 Likes

Breakfast. I made it in the cast iron and managed to get 0 sticking. I guess the trick is to let it heat up all the way first, then add plenty of lube. In this case it was about a tablespoon of spreadable butter with canola oil. Not the healthiest thing, but I don’t like using olive oil for eggs.

For lunch I literally just made seasoned chicken in the air fryer.

And dinner I used the leftover half of of the chicken to make a greek-like salad.

8 Likes

FiTBd_xXkAIo-Wh

6 Likes

No, because you forgot thanksgiving is a thing in only 1 country in the world and we are all living in different places…

1 Like

And the one place has the same stuff, I’m aware.

1 Like

Some sort of chicken frikase

8 Likes

I think the “I’m not entirely sure what kind of dish this is” food is my favourite. Those might turn up when you “I’m cooking dinner, but I’m not sure what dish yet”.

1 Like

Maybe a dedicated thread, just for thanksgiving?

Maybe even game it with a poll? then it can live for a day, flourish, then fade away for the year, and this one have more generic stuffs?

Frikase is meat with white sauce. French one is cream based, our local variety is bechamel like…

1 Like

I was thinking of the “some sort of”. Same group as “kind of ish” and “inspired by” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, cause it’s not the classic French style…
Anyways, I love cooking the ish sort of kinda recipes. They turn out great, sometimes better than the classics…

1 Like

totally! if i logged in to see everything everyone else has made i would look at everything i made and feel bad :joy: its my first proper thanksgiving after coming to australia and i did 95% of the cooking and very proud!

nothing caught fire

Did lots of mini dishes too…i cooked two turkey’s, one a day before and took it apart and made bacon wrapped turkey pieces for the neighbors who came over last night with cranberry on the inside… used twine and then gave them a quick crisp in the oven too…

@psycho_666 sorry to tell you we bought desserts rather than make them… lots of little cakes and treats and a huge apple pie :yum:

8 Likes

That’s fair enough… I absolutely understand not wanting to deal with making desserts…

uhm… sorry to bother you, but WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

5 Likes

That’s how new dishes are born. Last ten years or so kebab rolls (kebab meat, veggies, sauce, rolled in Lebanese pita or lavash) has been mighty popular in Sweden. The someone made it with moose meat. And now some restaurants in the north make them with reindeer meat.

Oh yeah, none of you have this. Tunnbrödrulle (=thin bread roll). The bread is a Swedish flatbread with fennel. Originally it was served wrapped around boiled sausages, mashed potato, tomato, lettuce, and Swedish shrimp sallad. Then people tried with fried sausage instead. And then with chicky bits, meatballs, fried fish, and a bit of everything.

11 Likes