Has red wine reduction on top.

@psycho_666 @Codycat @strykerzr350

It taste like breakfast.

5 Likes

Proper bolognese…

3 Likes

Keto life

Reverse seared, then seared in butter.

Almond flour, coconut flour, butter, eggs, tiny bit of zero carb sweetener cookies with non-sweetened vanilla coconut yogurt.

3 Likes

Explain, explaaaain…

Counter intuitive to how I’ve been taught, where one wants to sear the outside first to lock all the juices in, then flip the steak frequently to cook without overcooking. Reverse sear is you put the steak in the oven at around 250F for about 20-30 min (core temp gets up to ~110’ish), then throw on a piping hot skillet for a few minutes, flipping it every minute (or less) and sear the outside. Requires temp probe and some trail and error for me-- but the results are way more consistent vs. the traditional methods. Its kind of a ‘poor mans/I don’t want to buy a sous vide’ method.

1 Like

This is the Impossible Burger. It’s about as close to meat as I remember, at least in burger form. It was quite good.

It was a real surprise finding it on the lunch menu of a small restaurant on the Oregon coast today.

4 Likes

Herb crusted pork cutlet with curry sauce…

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to try one of those for a while now.
How do you rate it vs the other burgers you eat?

It was pretty amazing. I’d put it on par easily with the Beyond Burger, although I think it is more similar to ground beef than the latter. If you can get ahold of one, definitely go for it.

2 Likes

Chinese style pork with salad.

4 Likes

Truffle fries with Mango Mayo

3 Likes

https://forum.level1techs.com/uploads/default/original/3X/7/4/746f6b8ddae78e84225504b80bb6dd42ec68cb2e.jpg
Last night I made a vegetable soup (zucchini and potatoes) with cheese and bread croutons…

1 Like

Can’t take a trip to Fredericksburg and not get schnitzel…

2 Likes

Stuffed peppers with rice and ground pork…

4 Likes

Fish with sliced tomatoes.

5 Likes

Saturday breakfast was a mocha and a chocolate and butterscotch chip scone that was pretty awesome, but more like dessert than breakfast:

Lunch is Banza mac & cheese with some broccoli and a Field Roast Frankfurter tossed in:

5 Likes

So technically I haven’t eaten any yet, but I made refrigerator pickles today with cucumbers and cayenne peppers from the garden:

4 Likes

Only one issue with that… Why you sliced the cucumbers?

Because I like pickle slices? Also you can fit way more cucumbers in a jar this way. Otherwise there’d be like three each… at best. There are something like 12 cucumbers in three jars here.

1 Like

Please for the love in cucumbers use cornichon cucumbers.