Post pictures of what you ate!

Pizza

10 Likes

made menemen with breadsticks. mostly kenjis recepie but with onions and cubanelle peppers. supper simple 1$ loaf of bread cut in half with a bit of romano, garlic, and butter then throw in oven. got some vegetarian/pescitarian relatives so wanted to test some party food that everyone can eat and would actually enjoy

10 Likes

Tonight’s dinner, salad with vegetarian wieners. How y’all like my wiener?

9 Likes

I just ate a whole pizza, I’m not hungry but damn this makes me hungry again. I could totally eat this on a full stomach.

3 Likes

made another paella and experimented with a pickled salad. not a big salad fan but i love everything pickled so gave it a try with sliced thin cucmbers, onions, 2 types of peppers, olives, and salami using a liquid similar to tziki sauce or pickling juice with some vinegar, salt, sugar, lemon, dill, greek yogurt, olive oil, and some worchestershire for umami and bit preservation. needs time to pickle a bit to see how it does but i went much lighter on the salt and vinegar then if pickling.
fairly similar paella to the first one i made but did a better job with experience

day 2 vegetables have given up a ton of liquid taste less pickled then overnight pickles but definitely on the way and getting softer. sauce taste kinda like a creamy more watery tziki or some sort of ranch varriation

11 Likes

made Korean fried chicken 1 part rice flour 2 parts corn starch marinated a bit then drenched and fried. fairly basic classic sauce nothing to special. find spicing the meat gets the best result and if i could do it all over again i would have mixed less total chicken with the sauce at a time it was hard had like 7-8 lbs in the bowl. this is actually gluten free thinking of making it for Christmas since i have a relative who can no longer eat gluten and loves meat. thinking two mixxing bowls and splitting the chicken parts up with one bowl the less spicy version the other extra gochujang

11 Likes

Today’s Thing to do.
Holiday spiced nuts, courtesy of Martha Stewart.
Made 30 cups of Almonds, Cashews, English Walnuts, and Pecans.
Lucky I know some folks who love them. And I will leave a batch for my co-workers.

#food #HappyHolidays #ImNuts #hanginthere

10 Likes

Mountain of fried chicken and some taters.

10 Likes

Poppy like gyro like.

1 Like

well making tteokbokki next with some king oysters, bok choy, and sausage. sorta korean rice flour gnochi in a special sauce

2 Likes

Linguine

10 Likes

Chicken with mozzarella, goat cheese, and spinach.

Baked zucchini.

Lots of Italian seasoning was used, but I think I need to buy the fancy stuff next time because I wasn’t picking up a lot of flavor from it.

And this one was just some turkey kielbasa, zucchini, and red and yellow bell peppers. Super simple. Would like to find a more flavorful sausage next time (and I would definitely put it out on the grill instead of just turning it in a pan), but the basil and balsamic flavoring in the veggies was so good.

9 Likes

made tteokbokki with bok choy, polish sausage, and king oyster mushrooms. pan fried the sausage like hambuger then removed and cooked tteokbokki in same pan. meanwhile sheet pans of vegetables in oven and threw it all together at the end. its got some heat to it and the rice gnochi is basically gnochi but different taste a bit since rice not potato. baking sheet mushrooms are going to be used in various recepies in the future its easy melt some butter mixed with chopped cleaned msuhrooms and spices and throw it in the oven for a bit. this sheet pan bok choy would also be great for soups and ramen its got a lot more flavour then blanched

this is it after letting it cool a bit sauce very very thiccccc

10 Likes

Splurged on some NYC style bagels, a rare find on the west coast.

11 Likes

Hi guys I’m back here again…

Eating caldereta style corned beef pack lunch alone in the car because the Unicron variant scares me…

10 Likes

Pizza

10 Likes

I too had pizza

13 Likes

Leftover/warmed up rib roast and Sauted Brussels Sprouts.

Tastes better than it looks (semi caramelized brussels sprouts are sweet and not crunchy and steak is pink inside and black sauce is balsamico).

11 Likes

What sprouts?

Damned autocorrect (fixed).

1 Like